Bought a dodge Ecodiesel.... my review.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, after reading on here about the Dodge ecodiesel, i went and test drove one. i was so impressed i traded my 2010 nissan titan pro4x in for it on the spot.

My honest review.

On the way home here in san angelo i reset the gas milage gauge. i got 31.2 mpg on the highway which is 65 mph.

for the next 40 miles i was driving in town with the wife. averaged 21.3.

drove to the lease the same day hauling my 6x10 trailer with my kawasaki teryx4 loaded on it, and 8 bags of corn. I reset the gauge again and got 17.8 mpg heading to robert lee, at 72 mph.

the overall average gas gauge right now after 168 miles total is 20.1. that's twice what my titan averaged. (my titan would get around 10.8 total, but when i towed it would drop down to 9 mpg average).

this truck is PERFECT for me. it pulls my setup MUCH BETTER than my gas guzzling 5.6 l titan, which constantly downshifted up and down the hills, revving my engine to peak at 70 mph.

the ride in this thing is VERY VERY smooth. the rear end has what appears to be a 5 link suspension with coil springs, rather than leafs. front end lower control arms look like the ones that come on the ford raptor... they're not stamped, they look like solid aluminum.

The power i can't understand. seriously. I don't have much experience with diesels, but i don't get how this thing hauls more butt than my 5.6 l titan did with all the modifications i had on it (ram air, exhaust, tuner, etc). i mean this thing really gets up and goes.

thanks for all the good reviews. if you're considering the ecodiesel and only do light towing like i do, don't look another direction.

Congrats. Only truck you'll need for about another decade. I'm on my second one since 95.

Comment

I like hearing this. I want one bad

Comment

This is what I've been waiting to hear. I had set my date for next season to be buying one. Please let us know of ANY problems you run into. I'll be watching!!! Thanks

Comment

Man i should not be reading this

Comment

I have about 5k miles on my ecodiesel, gas mileage has been what was stated here, no hauling no gear, but I do drive like a bat out of hell on the toll roads here in Austin.

Super comfortable ride for me.

Comment

I wish my dealer ship would get some in I have gone up there 2 times to drive one and both times nothing.. like hearing they pull good. lets see some pics!

Comment

Originally posted by talltexasshoote View Post
                Congrats. Only truck you'll need for about another decade. I'm on my second one since 95.
                He is not talking about the Cummins, this is the new little eco diesel they put in half tons.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                  He is not talking about the Cummins, this is the new little eco diesel they put in half tons.
                  I'm just talking dodge in general. 2 trucks 396000 miles for me. Both are still running.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by talltexasshoote View Post
                      I'm just talking dodge in general. 2 trucks 396000 miles for me. Both are still running.
                      WoW, thats awesome. I never thought I would consider a Dodge but after traveling to Missouri in my FIL's and getting @20mpg, Ive been thinking about it. They have came a long way IMO the last couple of years.

Comment

What do these run?

Comment

How about some pics...congrats on the new ride, I think Ram has upped their game over the last few years and are making a really good truck right now.

Comment

thanks for info

Comment

Originally posted by Texantax View Post
                              What do these run?

Diesel.

Comment

Working...
                              X