Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Contemplating a Custom LR gun 7mm Rem Mag to a ???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contemplating a Custom LR gun 7mm Rem Mag to a ???????

Donor: Remington 700 7mm rem mag.

Will replace barrel, true, etc.

What say the GS? Just want to touch things at distance... range by the house has 1100 yards +

Doesn't necessarily have to be a long action. Probably wipe the dust off the reloading equipment.

Can't be bigger than a 300 win mag as the new can I just bought won't support it. (Silencerco Havester).

What say ye?

Some suggestions from my info but not limited to:

Long actions with a bolt face .Dia of .540 +/-257 Weatherby, 264 Win Mag, 270 weatherby Mag, 7mm Rem Mag, 7mm Weatherby Mag, 7 STW, 7mm Rem Ultra Mag, 300 H & H, 300 Win Mag, 300 Weatherby Mag, 300 RUM, 303 Brit, 8mm Rem Mag, 338 Win Mag, 340 Weatherby Mag, 338 RUM, 375 H & H, 375 Weatherby, 375 RUM, 416 Rem Mag, 458 Win Mag, and the 458 Lott.

Rifle in question: probably buy better glass (currently wearing VX3 6.5-20x50) or may send it off for new knobs/reticle.

7mm STW has been very intriguing to me lately...I've got a 7mag I'm considering having rebarreled and converted...following!

Comment

For a magnum action, I'd look hard at any of the popular 7 mags, Rem, STW or RUM.

They'll all do the trick, I'm a huge fan of a 160 grain .284 pill.

Comment

I shoot a 7mm RUM and love it!! Do all my own reloading for it and I believe it is a very versatile caliber and definitely capable as a long range rifle.

Comment

7 mag

Comment

7 Mag with 164 match loads

Comment

Group buy on Remington 700 Action. http://www.nwactionworks.com/#!group-buy/c1uug

Comment

.340 weatherby mag, cause you just don't hear about that one every day

Comment

As I recall, the .270 Weatherby ballistics impressed me most-

Comment

Should be good no matter what it ends up as....My vote is the 7STW, just because

Comment

7 mag.

Which will also be my next build. 1000 yards is child's play for a 7 mag. Shooting bergers they will buck the wind very well. Great velocity, decent barrel life, low recoil. And it will still kill deer a long way out. You don't need a cannon to shoot far. You need a high BC bullet with decent speed.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                        7 mag.

Which will also be my next build. 1000 yards is child's play for a 7 mag. Shooting bergers they will buck the wind very well. Great velocity, decent barrel life, low recoil. And it will still kill deer a long way out. You don't need a cannon to shoot far. You need a high BC bullet with decent speed.
                        Well said.

Comment

No need to put a can on a LR rifle, it won't be quiet anyway and the animals will be to far to hear it coming might as well go 338 Lapua.

Comment

Its kinda boring but there is a reason so many people build the 300 win mag

Comment

Originally posted by CADDOKILLER View Post
                              Its kinda boring but there is a reason so many people build the 300 win mag
                              I have ran a 300 win mag for years. At this point, i would choose a 7 mag with the bullet selection we have today. You cant go wrong with either, but the 300 is alot more powder, and alot more recoil for very very little difference. In fact, if a fella handloads, he can get a little bit of edge with the 7 over the 300 with the speed and some 180 bergers. The 300 starts to shine past 1000

Comment

Working...
                              X