Kidney stone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kidney stone

How long has it taken y’all to pass a kidney stone to the bladder? I’m on the 11th day and it still hurting. Went to the ER they said to try and pass it naturally.

Have had 3 of them back in the 80's, 24 hr, 24 hr, 3 days. Last one hospitalized me and I set an ER record for pain killer.

Comment

Holy *****, go to a different hospital. Thats crazy!!

Comment

How big is it?

I passed a 6mm one a couple years back in about 24 hours or so. Probably would have been shorter had I gone o the hospital sooner. Woke up in the morning with an inability to fully urinate. I thought I had a bladder infection, but later that morning when I was at work, I got sharp intense pain in my side. Around 5 the next morning I dropped the stone.

Comment

I’ve had 2. Neither passed, they went and got them both.

Comment

Longest for me was 13 days. Most I usually passed within 24 hours.

Comment

Longest one took 2 wks while on Colorado trip. Last one 2 days. Ended up in ER and man the pain medication was such a relief!

Comment

I’ve had four and all of mine had to be passed in the er after pretty good doses of morphine
                I have broke my femur twice and a few other major bones and the kidney stones I had won over on pain every time
                Sorry you’re dealing with that

Comment

I waited a week after ER visit, then went to a urologist. He took an xray and said they were too big to pass so I went in for surgery that night. (The ER didnt take an xray, just told me I had kidney stones, gave me some pain meds and sent me home w a strainer)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I've only had one (PTL!), but it took two weeks to pass. I wore out the painkillers and spent all two weeks curled up in my chair watching hunting shows on TV sideways. I asked the urologist how long we'd wait to go get it and she said SIX WEEKS. Luckily it passed a couple days later.

I did have people tell me that I have gotten as close as possible to knowing what childbirth feels like. I said, "Now wait a danged minute! Chicks aren't in labor for two weeks!"

Comment

Only had one, took about a week. Worst pain I've ever felt.

Comment

Rookie!!! Lol
                        They all vary, I’ve passed smaller ones in a couple days. Bigger ones sometimes a week or more.
                        I had one so big it got stuck in my ****** about half way and you could see the bulge from it. stayed there for 24 hours until I was brave enough to pee again. It was over 10mm. Dr said there was no way I should have been able to pass that one. Currently have 2 in my left kidney and 1 in my right averaging 7mm. They haven’t moved in a year or more.
                        And yes, it’s the worst thing a human will ever go through!!!

Comment

Tbh edited “Peck€r” lol

Comment

Have had 2 both within 24 hrs

Comment

Had one years ago. Felt like I had been run through with a medieval battle pike. Hospitalized and had lithotripsy. BIL has had quite a few. He gets rid of them with olive oil and apple cider vinegar using this recipe. https://www.healthline.com/health/ki...stones#recipes . He adds some honey to tame the taste. He now takes 1-2 tbsps of apple cider vinegar each day and hasn't had one since. He swears it has helped his digestion too.

Remember folks.....hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!!!
                              Last edited by Laszlo; 09-06-2019, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X