Anyone driving the F150 Diesel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone driving the F150 Diesel?

They have been outa few months now. Anyone have any feedback on them?

following

Comment

So this is my opinion, not worth much.

I looked at the prices and the power numbers. I'd buy an F-250 over one any day of the week, if I need the pulling power.

I average 18-20MPGs in my 6.7 unloaded on the highway. Not sure getting 25MPGs with those trucks would sway me.

I feel the same way about the Titans and Dodge Ecodiesels.

Comment

I can't say I have even seen one on the road yet...

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
          So this is my opinion, not worth much.

I looked at the prices and the power numbers. I'd buy an F-250 over one any day of the week, if I need the pulling power.

I average 18-20MPGs in my 6.7 unloaded on the highway. Not sure getting 25MPGs with those trucks would sway me.

I feel the same way about the Titans and Dodge Ecodiesels.
          I would agree with you 100% except I park in a parking garage 5 days a week and watching those trucks Austin Powers in the garage makes me crazy. Couldn't imagine doing that all week.

Comment

Ram ECO gets way better than 18-20 its in the high 20 to low 30 on the HWY now that is impressive .

Comment

our rig consultant has had one for about 2 months now and said he likes it so far...came from an F250

Comment

I just bought one 2018 5.0L about 3 wks back. Paid 46K...traded in my 2016 6.7 for it...the F250 was too much truck for me...taking kids to school and driving to work (34 miles round trip, every day...) Went ahead and drove into the lot "just to look"...3 days later drove off in the F150. It's like night and day as far as power goes obviously. It's also like driving a car...it can whip around into parking spots, doesn't take as many turns on the wheel to get it to go where i want it to. It's smooth as butter on the highway and city streets. I wasn't too fond of the look of the F150s as they started coming out with that aluminum body, which is why I went with the steel bodied Super Duty when I got it. It's growing on me though. My new truck is an XLT with FX4 package, and Sport appearance and Power group, plugs all over the inside for different electronics etc. Lots more room for my family of 4. Wife now wants to drive it. She was afraid to drive the big one cause it was just that, too big. All in all, I coulda bought another Super Duty but chose the F150 first cause it put 200$ a month back in my pocket. Second, I had a 1k repair bill for a leaking battery that ruined the battery cable, which is a single harness that works off other battery, starter and alternator. That's what sent me over the edge. Putting diesel in it was not an issue...but filling this 26 gallon tank is a little less expensive compared to the 26gal in the Super Duty.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojo View Post
                  I just bought one 2018 5.0L about 3 wks back. Paid 46K...traded in my 2016 6.7 for it...the F250 was too much truck for me...taking kids to school and driving to work (34 miles round trip, every day...) Went ahead and drove into the lot "just to look"...3 days later drove off in the F150. It's like night and day as far as power goes obviously. It's also like driving a car...it can whip around into parking spots, doesn't take as many turns on the wheel to get it to go where i want it to. It's smooth as butter on the highway and city streets. I wasn't too fond of the look of the F150s as they started coming out with that aluminum body, which is why I went with the steel bodied Super Duty when I got it. It's growing on me though. My new truck is an XLT with FX4 package, and Sport appearance and Power group, plugs all over the inside for different electronics etc. Lots more room for my family of 4. Wife now wants to drive it. She was afraid to drive the big one cause it was just that, too big. All in all, I coulda bought another Super Duty but chose the F150 first cause it put 200$ a month back in my pocket. Second, I had a 1k repair bill for a leaking battery that ruined the battery cable, which is a single harness that works off other battery, starter and alternator. That's what sent me over the edge. Putting diesel in it was not an issue...but filling this 26 gallon tank is a little less expensive compared to the 26gal in the Super Duty.

so you have the 5.0 v8 gas engine. not the diesel that the guy is asking about.

Comment

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post
                    Correct. I didn't want that little diesel...I already had the biggun'. Nothing compares to that. Plus, the 5.0 is more gooder! Power wise..
                    Juss my 2.5 cents is all...I know he's looking for info on the diesel, but also said F150 so I...

Comment

I looked but if I'm going to drop 60k on a 3 cly diesel i would just as soon pay 10k more for the 250.

Comment

Look hard and you can get a 250 for 60k, I did.

Comment

I've seen two on the road now but have nothing to add as far as real world experience.

Comment

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post
                            That was a lot of words to realize he was talking about the wrong truck...glad I wasn't the only one

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                              That was a lot of words to realize he was talking about the wrong truck...glad I wasn't the only one
                              agreed

Comment

Working...
                              X