Another mass shooting ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
    Do most people not have situational awareness? If there's a guy walking through the store wearing a hoodie and carrying a rifle shooting at anything and everything,that's the guy you shoot at.
    wrong...how are all those who carry going to see who/how it starts.

Lady walks in with a pistol & starts shooting victims that you hear across the store & you are going to start shooting carry owners who have hoodies or get shot by active shooter. Why would you assume it will be so cut & dry??

The biggest fear first responders has got to be shooting the innocent...if they do not know who the active shooter is & then walk into a situation with multiple handguns drawn. They don't know who the bad guy is, so how can LTC unless they actually see the situation unfold??

Comment

So easy to say what you would do. This is a situation most every one has never been in and along with everyone else your life is in danger and almost always outgunned. No one can say what they WOULD do too many variables that you can’t account for until you actually find your self in a similar position which I pray never happens

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
        Yep, I carry to get myself and family out of harm's way. I'm not rushing in to a active shooter scene with a carry 9mm to confront a crazy with a rifle. That's why we have professionals and okrattler.
        I think the problem is that so many anti-gun advocates are using this as an example. That it did not matter how many people were legally carrying during the mass shooting an no one stop the shooter. They will point at anything to get their message across.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
          To get home to your family...without training & encouragement to stop the threat you could have multiple gun owners thinking every party is the active shooter. It's simply not a cut & dry issue.
          Exactly, let's not discourage more potential CHL by laying a heavy burden of having to engage. This burden is usually an oath of office taken only by our finest and bravest and most train and think about this scenario religiously, and they usually don't have to worry about their own families safety while engaging....

More CHLs is one of a few obvious answers to what we are facing.

Comment

Yet the first thing people point out is what kind of signs were on the door to prevent a shooting from happening. "Nobody was carrying because of that sign." Well.....What the hell does it matter if you can legally carry if you're gonna run? It don't matter if you have an uzi in your pocket and 5 grenades. It don't do no good if you're running the other way. One of these days,maybe really soon the gun grabbers are going to say "Well having a gun doesn't do you any good." Then you ain't gonna have to worry about carrying one because you won't have that right anymore anyway.

"If only someone was there to stop them." Yeah then what?
            Last edited by okrattler; 08-04-2019, 12:08 PM.

Comment

I don’t think anyone is saying the would never engage.I think most just realize there is a lot more to it than saying you would on an Internet forum.

Comment

Just food for thought. It might be best not to go gun shopping today. Go pick out some nice shoes that are easy to run in. The way things are going right now they might come in a little more handy.

Comment

Just food for thought. It might be best not to go gun shopping today. Go pick out some nice shoes that are easy to run in. The way things are going right now they might come in a little more handy.
                  I'm all for a more engaged gun ownership community that actively practices safe gun techniques and regularly train together, lets own the safety of our families and communities. I think that's one of a few obvious solutions to our mass shooting/gun violence/anti gun issues. I'm sure good footwear is very much apart of gun tactics. Just joshing, I see your frustration...

Comment

Originally posted by asttbe View Post
                    Weird that one of the victims was the shooters sister. Her and her boyfriend were found dead in a car. Wonder if that was part of what triggered him

Dayton, Ohio, shooting suspect identified, sister among 9 killed, officials say

The gunman in the deadly rampage in Dayton, Ohio, was wearing a mask, bulletproof vest, earplugs and was carrying a rifle capable of holding at least 100 rounds when he opened fire outside a bar, killed nine, including his sister, and injuring more than two dozen, one in critical condition, police said Sunday.

Comment

I won’t lie, if I were that scenario, unless I have solid cover or the threat imminent to engage me, I’m not looking to neutralize a threat with superior fire power. My objective is to get me and those in my care out alive. Nothing more and nothing less

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                        I won’t lie, if I were that scenario, unless I have solid cover or the threat imminent to engage me, I’m not looking to neutralize a threat with superior fire power. My objective is to get me and those in my care out alive. Nothing more and nothing less
                        Nothing wrong with wanting to protect your loved ones

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
                          I'm all for a more engaged gun ownership community that actively practices safe gun techniques and regularly train together, lets own the safety of our families and communities. I think that's one of a few obvious solutions to our mass shooting/gun violence/anti gun issues. I'm sure good footwear is very much apart of gun tactics. Just joshing, I see your frustration...
                          I see both sides of things. The potential to be targeted when you aren't the threat and things of that nature. I just wanted to bring up the other aspect of it because any time the 2nd Amendment is being attacked the number 1 reason for having it is for protection against people that would do us harm. If that's the only leg we have to stand on it sure doesn't look very good when armed citizens run and then turn around and say they need that gun to protect their life. That's a good way to have that leg swept right out from under gun owners. If we don't use that right I think someone somewhere is going to think the 2nd Amendment isn't necessary. They already do actually.....

Cops took care of the problem in Ohio. The truth of the matter is there are regular people that carry that are better off in a life or death situation than a majority of cops are. Nobody makes them train to deal with an active shooter on a regular basis. They just have to qualify with their weapon every now and again and that's it. It's really not much different than the average person carrying that has only shot that pistol a hand full of times. It's negligent and uncalled for in my honest opinion.

Comment

You don't get it...it's not about fear. I think the only way you would understand is if you ended up in an active shooter situation & heard the shots first hand. If everyone who was carrying pulled their sidearm it would be a disaster because 95% don't know who the bad guy is. You are justifying your position based on hindsight as you said yourself to go get the guy with the hoodie & a rifle.

LTC's are used quite often to stop all sorts of violent acts & will likely be used to stop an active shooter if these continue & more people start arming themselves, but it will be based on an opportunity of the LTC seeing it unfold as it happens. Your utopia of everyone having a LTC along with a sense of LE training & understanding on how to properly defuse an active shooter situation by all combining their resources & engaging the 'unknown & unseen' bad guy is so totally unrealistic & flawed.

I get why you feel the way you do but it's not reality based for a positive outcome if every ltc in the situation tried to engage an active shooter with so many various thoughts running through their heads from various areas / positions of the scene...multiple civilian guns drawn running to the sounds of shooting?? Think about it.

I'll remember to never wear a hoodie in OK!!

Comment

I’m still struggling with the ‘why’ question. I just saw this article- taking a break fletching arrows for elk season and cleaning some guns.

One out of five millennials claimed to have no friends.

No new friends. No old friends. No friends… period? More than 20% of millennials surveyed in a YouGov poll released this week claimed that they don’t have a single friend. And less than…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                                You don't get it...it's not about fear. I think the only way you would understand is if you ended up in an active shooter situation & heard the shots first hand. If everyone who was carrying pulled their sidearm it would be a disaster because 95% don't know who the bad guy is. You are justifying your position based on hindsight as you said yourself to go get the guy with the hoodie & a rifle.

LTC's are used quite often to stop all sorts of violent acts & will likely be used to stop an active shooter if these continue & more people start arming themselves, but it will be based on an opportunity of the LTC seeing it unfold as it happens. Your utopia of everyone having a LTC along with a sense of LE training & understanding on how to properly defuse an active shooter situation by all combining their resources & engaging the 'unknown & unseen' bad guy is so totally unrealistic & flawed.

I get why you feel the way you do but it's not reality based for a positive outcome if every ltc in the situation tried to engage an active shooter with so many various thoughts running through their heads from various areas / positions of the scene...multiple civilian guns drawn running to the sounds of shooting?? Think about it.

I'll remember to never wear a hoodie in OK!!
                                Sorry didn't mean to go all George Zimmerman on you. My point is it's not hard to tell who the bad guy is. Especially when he's the only one shooting. Which obviously he was. That's why there's a lot more dead folks in El Paso today than normal.

Comment

Working...
                                X