Supreme Court

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
    I think nearly everyone understands it this way. Even the liberals know this.

Which makes it even more disturbing IMO...
    Yep they do. And that's the problem with exercising nuclear options in politics...because eventually the shoe will be on the other foot. Republicans refused to have a hearing for the Garland nomination (293 days until it finally expired with the new administration) and now the Dems are doing everything in their power to do the same thing.

Comment

No telling what they will pull next...I feel it's a huge mistake if the leadership allows BK to testify before Ford & suspect a weasel move. Ford will drop another bomb after his testimony & it will be so outrageous it will require yet another delay / hearing & more BS.

Forget the fact they won't testify together & since when does one not get to face their accuser and/or accusations AFTER they are on the record?? Ford should testify first so any & everything she states can be addressed accordingly. What a joke. Repubs need to grow a spine.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
        No telling what they will pull next...I feel it's a huge mistake if the leadership allows BK to testify before Ford & suspect a weasel move. Ford will drop another bomb after his testimony & it will be so outrageous it will require yet another delay / hearing & more BS.

Forget the fact they won't testify together & since when does one not get to face their accuser and/or accusations AFTER they are on the record?? Ford should testify first so any & everything she states can be addressed accordingly. What a joke. Repubs need to grow a spine.
        I totally agree. She needs to go first do BK can defend himself. He's chomping at the bit to get this started and over with which shows he has nothing to hide.

Comment

Saw this on FB earlier this week.
          Attached Files

Comment

What he should do if the Repubs crumble to Ford's demands and he testifies first he should tell them I can not testify to allegations I know nothing about.

Comment

If Caitlyn Jenner ever wants to, she can nail Bruce for all the decades he fondled her!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just vote the guy in already. This so much BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
                  Here is how the narrative should go to counter any and all attacks by the liberal nutjobs:
                  1. There is not crime to investigate- as a girl this women didn't report it to anyone, even her parents, so that the charge could be taken to the local police to investigate.
                  2. At the very least, if there is any chance of this being true, this is an example of inappropriate behavior at the least and assault at the worst between two minors. If the girl had brought charges and it was proven true thru a trial process, then the records would have been sealed because they were both minors.
                  3. All this talk about making the FBI conduct an investigation is so beyond common sense it makes my head hurt. This is a local matter and does not involve any kind of threat to US security so the FBI has no jurisdiction or purview to get involved.
                  4. The local police where the alleged incident occurred would not even take any kind of investigation up for something that happened 36 years ago with no more information than "he did this to me". She can't remember exactly where or even when this occurred.
                  5. The Dems lost any credibility on this when they sat on this info for a month and a half and didn't bring it up until it was time to bring his confirmation out of committee. This just proves that they can't bring him down due to his record so their only hope is a tactic to stall this until the midterm elections.
                  6. The Dems need to get over their butt hurt over Merrick Garland. They set the precedent when they refused to take up a vote during a vacancy the year before a Presidential election saying the new president should be able to pick his own nominee for the highest court in the land. This is not the year before a presidential election so moving forward follows their precedent.

And that's all I have to say about that....
                  Yep

Forbid we simplify things and say 4 words.....innocent until proven guilty

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                    Yep

Forbid we simplify things and say 4 words.....innocent until proven guilty
                    Except this isn't a criminal or civil trial...its a job interview. And just like with any applicant the employer is going through their process to vet the candidate.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Scotus situation to the side; any person that accuses a person of comitting a crime they didnt commit the accuser should face the same sentence IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
                        Except this isn't a criminal or civil trial...its a job interview. And just like with any applicant the employer is going through their process to vet the candidate.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                        Everyone, and I mean everyone knows it's just a ploy. Plus there's zero way to prove anything. So why waste time and money?

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                        Scotus situation to the side; any person that accuses a person of comitting a crime they didnt commit the accuser should face the same sentence IMO.

Yep!

Comment

Working...
                        X