Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

? about getting license to buy weed killer and cattle sprays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? about getting license to buy weed killer and cattle sprays?

I am needing to get my license to be able to buy weed killers and cattle fly sprays etc. for the farm. Where do you got o get the info and get the licenseing started? Thanks for any help

You have to go through the TDA. They used to give the 3 part test once a month at the Service Center in Stephenville. Just call down there Monday and check with them.

Comment

call your local county extension office they will have info on classes

Comment

I got my certification several years ago and I took my test on a computer. Like stated before you need to go to your local tda branch and get the test books, read them and then take the test.

Comment

Originally posted by hlansford View Post
          call your local county extension office they will have info on classes
          Thats how I got mine a few months ago. You have to watch about 5 hours of video and take a test. Pretty easy (I made a 98) so it cant be that hard.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. Jaspro do you have that number handy??

Comment

Ttt

Comment

You might try to find out who the area inspector is for your area and give him a call. I was able to get in touch with mine and he came to the golf course and administered the test right there so I didn't have to travel to SanAntonio.

>E

Comment

We have to use the Commercial Applicators license. All the guys in our company that hold that license say its a hard test. Maybe different for commercial. I know we have to document every drop of chemical we spray on the ROW. almost a pain to keep up with. We also have to keep up with how much "limited use" stuff we buy a year

Comment

Originally posted by SPUD View Post
                    We have to use the Commercial Applicators license. All the guys in our company that hold that license say its a hard test. Maybe different for commercial. I know we have to document every drop of chemical we spray on the ROW. almost a pain to keep up with. We also have to keep up with how much "limited use" stuff we buy a year
                    I have to document everything as well, whether I use the non-commercial turf and ornamental at work or the private at the ranch.

>E

Comment

it all depends on what you spray.
                      Some of the new generation hebicides and insecticides are non-regulated so you are not required to have a license.

Home page link:

Comment

Originally posted by aironeout View Post
                        I have to document everything as well, whether I use the non-commercial turf and ornamental at work or the private at the ranch.

>E
                        kinda figured that. I have read that whole thing from front to back and also have to sit through training each year in order to assist spraying.

TDA has also shown up for an audit of our records before.

Comment

Working...
                        X