Every thing crossbow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dexterc View Post
    Great info, I just bought my first xbow this year. It is a Wicked Ridge Warrior made by Ten Point. It uses the Omni nocks and I haven't found any lighted nocks so far, do you know if they make them in Omni? Also interested in what would help to make it quieter! Mine came with 100 grain field points for the bolts, should I stick with 100 grain broadheads? I also bought some wicked ridge bolts to add to the 3 that came with the bow. Bolts are 20". Any info is appreciated, thanks in advance!
    I would pick you up some Black eagle executioners from Wyvern creations, and tell him what bow you are shooting as he sells Omni nocks as well as lighted Omni's that can be added to any arrow. As far as quieting down a wicked ridge or tenpoint, I have found that the universal Ten Point SDS makes the most improvement on sound even over the Ten Point Bowjax system.

Comment

Originally posted by R Dubya View Post
      Count me in, I also just purchased CenterPoint Sniper 370, and I really like the way it shoots. I am looking forward to upgrading the scope though.
      For those looking for an awesome scope for the money Wyvern creations sells a Excalibur 30 mm illuminated Tact zone scope that allows you to dial in each aim point to exact yardage for bows shooting 275 to 410 fps, also comes with rings and flip up caps for $100 ! the scope is the best bang for the buck, he does not advertise them on his site so you will have to call and ask. If not the Tact zone than I would consider a Hawke XB1 for more money but has aim points out to 100 yards, and if you want a real nice xbow scope then look at a Hawke xb30, which is the same 100 yard reticle as the xb1 but has a 30mm tube and better glass.
      From my experience there is no xbow scope that is as clear as a nice leupold, vortex etc., so why spend $300 on a high end xbow scope when a $100 tact zone will get the job done out to 60 yards, its illuminated, and you can dial in each aim point to hit exact yardage increments.

Comment

Originally posted by TWOHunter View Post
        I bought a Barnett Brotherhood crossbow from a TBHer about a year ago and I like the way it shoots.
        I would like to upgrade the scope. What’s a good recommendation ?
        Any recommendations on a quality scope for my cross bow ?

Comment

Originally posted by R Dubya View Post
          Count me in, I also just purchased CenterPoint Sniper 370, and I really like the way it shoots. I am looking forward to upgrading the scope though.

I just bought one as well. I have only killed a doe at 25yds with it so far. The bolt was buried in the ground before she knew what was going on

Comment

Originally posted by TWOHunter View Post
            Any recommendations on a quality scope for my cross bow ?

Read post #32
            This is the reticle of the Tact zone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh heck yeah. But being illuminated, is it legal for deer?

Comment

This is the reticle on the Hawke xb1 Sr and xb30

Comment

And the Hha speed dial show with their single aim point illuminated scope, which you can buy just the dial and add your favorite rifle scope , this allows you to run good glass and dial in your scope to the exact yardage out to 100, the only draw back is the dial is very hard if not impossible to read at low light, and if you change anything as far as arrows or arrow weight you will have to go through the whole setup process again which can become a pita.

Comment

Is it legal to deer hunt with illuminated scope?

Comment

I bought the Barnett BC reaper. Haven’t been able to spend much time with it, any thoughts
                      Or advice On this unit would be appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                        So many good crossbows out there, Mission, TenPoint, Scorpyd, Raven, Excalibur, etc..
                        I have owned several, but my favorite as of date is the Mission MXB 400. It shoots a 400 grain arrow at 400 fps. The limbs are adjustible, so you can turn it down if you like. The cables and string can be changed without a press.
                        I am shooting spynal tapp arrows at 100 yards and getting 2" groups.
                        It's pricey, but you get what you pay for.

Mission makes an awesome bow especially the new sub 1, I almost bought a 400 but went with a sniper lite last year because of the new cam system and the way the cable guide track was angled to relieve down pressure. I shot it last season and took a few deer with it and was by far the quietest Xbow I have ever shot, and my 11 year old could cock it with no problems. Being able to change strings without a press is another nice mission feature, but with as much as I shot it, it showed zero string and serving wear. I personally feel that mission listened to their customers and corrected the issues most complained about on their previous models.

Comment

Originally posted by merlin View Post
                          Is it legal to deer hunt with illuminated scope?
                          For whitetail deer according to TP&W it is, it is also illegal the way I read it to even have a light on you vertical bow sight unless you are legally blind or hunting non game species., Someone may clarify but that's the way I read it, and the lady I spoke with at the regional office explained it to me years back.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDraw View Post
                            I bought the Barnett BC reaper. Haven’t been able to spend much time with it, any thoughts
                            Or advice On this unit would be appreciated
                            I assume you are talking about the BC Raptor and not reaper? If so this was Barnetts attempt to get into the reverse draw xbow market at an affordable price point. I have shot one, but do not know of anyone that owns one, but I will say the Barnett " Headhunter " arrows are definitely the weak link in accuracy. With that said I would pick up some good arrows, and perform normal maintance ie. cam timing, string wax etc and it should be fine. Ill make a few calls and see if I can come up with some more info on the unit.

Comment

Thanks Rocket

Comment

Thanks Kmon and Rocket! Great thread!

Comment

Working...
                                X