No announcement yet.

Brushy hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've hunted at brushy hill, it's a day lease hunting camp. I met Pete, nice man. We met with him we paid up and gave us a map of where we were going to hunt and sent us on our way. I saw plenty of deer and had a shot at a nice 8 point, but let him go. We had a good time. The fire place was awesome, we built a huge fire and had a good ole time. One of his ranch hands did check up on us a couple of times. We were there to hunt and that's it. We have been talking about going back, but since having a couple of places to hunt we haven't made it back yet, I'm sure we will one season.

Comment

Originally posted by poco bueno View Post
      Easy there cowboy!!

I did not talk down on the OP or try to insinuate the he had no hunting ability's. I simply just stated an experience i had with a fellow hunter there. SOME people do expect to much from a day lease. Not that this is the case here. I even thanked the OP for posting his opinion on this Rate The Day Lease section.

I dont care if its a popular place or not i'll give you my honest opinion and tell you about my experiences on a place just like im sure the OP did. BUT expect to get feedback which is what i did.

Dont hate me or others for that.

Ray
      I wasn't hating on you bud. Not that you were but my impression was you trying to invalidate him without saying it directly. I'm not saying I don't have a chip on my shoulder, maybe even a log, but a couple of the other posts seemed like they were shouting down the OP and I've seen it a couple times on here. I saw a post here about a bad experience at the Quatro B and the screen went nuts. And yes it's often times the hunters fault, was mine on a hunt once. I have a friend with a place and I've seen a couple of negative posts about it, 100 times more positive ones but that doesn't invalidate the ones who left unhappy. And I asked my friend and he had his side of the story too. That's how it works. That's why I prefer to discuss it with the outfitter or let it go. The drama here doesn't help. Unless I got flat ripped off then it's not worth the public flogging of the green screen. Fortunately most of the places recommended here are decent operations. And that's why this should be a safe place to post all of our experiences, positive and negative, so that we will know if a place suites our individual hunting needs, styles and expectations. It should also help us ask the right questions when working with outfitters and ranches. I wasn't trying to offend you but I can see I did come across that way. You have my apologies.

Comment

should have drank some tequila before the hunt that would have helped.

Comment

Ok this is where the turkey hunt is at, should I be worried or??

Comment

About what? It's a great place and good people to boot.

Comment

Go have a good ole time and hunt.

Comment

Went to Brushy Hill for first time last Dec., Owners and manager were nice. They have alot of room there, would take several years of "day leasing" to learn the place. I know they have some really good deer on the place, you just have to find them. The only concern I had was that , at least where I was hunting, there was not a "corn route" run
                every day as stated on website. Not that I really cared, didn't want to hunt the corn route anyway. The corn truck drives by your setup and corns your area. This is not a good thing. Deer will quickly learn not to go where they here the corn slinging goin on.
                A true corn route in itself is a good thing because deer could come out many times to the route and not get spooked. I have hunted a real corn route ranch and watched deer and hogs making their way down the roads. Corning only around setups is no different than hunting near a feeder, you aint gonna see too many mature deer. But like I said, I dont care , I would choose not to hunt the corn route anway.

Comment

Originally posted by dv9296 View Post
                  Went to Brushy Hill for first time last Dec., Owners and manager were nice. They have alot of room there, would take several years of "day leasing" to learn the place. I know they have some really good deer on the place, you just have to find them. The only concern I had was that , at least where I was hunting, there was not a "corn route" run
                  every day as stated on website. Not that I really cared, didn't want to hunt the corn route anyway. The corn truck drives by your setup and corns your area. This is not a good thing. Deer will quickly learn not to go where they here the corn slinging goin on.
                  A true corn route in itself is a good thing because deer could come out many times to the route and not get spooked. I have hunted a real corn route ranch and watched deer and hogs making their way down the roads. Corning only around setups is no different than hunting near a feeder, you aint gonna see too many mature deer. But like I said, I dont care , I would choose not to hunt the corn route anway.
                  Been there 4 times...they definitely have a real corn route

Comment

I agree that everyone is entitled to an opinion whether good or bad as long as you're being fair. Did the original OP give Pete a chance to make it right, especially if it's just a case of a bad or busy day (we all have them)? Is there another side of the story? If not, I'm betting a thousand the guy would make it right per all the people that say he is a nice guy.

Comment

Working...
                    X