Quattro B / Mid January 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quattro B / Mid January 2014

I would like to take the opputunity to thank Doug Boazman for having such a top notch operation over in D'Hanis. It was me and my son-in-laws first visit there and unfortunately all we were able to take we're a pair of hogs each.

I wanted an axis doe to mix with the pork to make a new supply of organic sausage. I could only stay for 3 hunts and never had a doe present herself to me. My son-in-law was looking for an axis buck to add to his collection. Unfortunately the majority of bucks were in velvet. He had a couple of opportunities and, well, I'll let him explain what happened, hehe...

Anyway, Carlos is a top notch guide, very knowledgeable bowman and a perfect host for a couple of swamp dwellers from South Louisiana. He took us night hunting for pigs. Now I've done my share of night hunting for many years, but never with a bow. Needless to say, it was the highlight of my trip. SIL and I got each a pig after stalking and having Carlos spot it with his red light.

We also put professional trackers Nacho and Jose to work on one occasion, where they made light work of finding a downed pig. Those two dogs are something else.

The bunkhouse was clean and looks brand new. A very nice and relaxing facility. The lodge had everything we needed to make our stay there, just like home. The kitchen was very well appointed and had everything I needed to warm up a big pot of chicken, sausage and Tasso gumbo. It's well appointed with the appropriate European head mounts, pool table and shuffle board. A nice little bar, large dining table and big flat screen television tuned to the outdoors channel.

The skinning facilities are nice and open, clean and well lit. We worked on our pigs with ease and stored them in the walk in with no problems.

Even though we didn't get our intended shots, we did see a lot of animals. Various species of goats, deer and he even has zebra running around out there. And of course the pigs, which is heaven on four legs for a Cajun boy.

It's a long drive from South Central Louisiana, but well worth it. You can bet we will be back and will be bring the rest of the boys with us. Thanks for a great time guys.

glad you guys had a good time !!! Picture for u of the night hunt
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Carlos! I had the pigs transformed into smoked, fresh jalapeƱo and breakfast sausage as well as a couple of nice roasts. We are going to schedule again soon. We will not rest easy until we have deer down.

Comment

Good job on the pigs...enjoy that sausage!

Comment

Night hunting pigs with a bow? I would love to give that a try

Comment

Quatro is definitely a great time. I'm hoping to get back out there in the spring time myself.

<---- avatar pic from Quatro B

Comment

Quatro id top notch all the way around !

Comment

THAT'S WHY We KEEP GOING BACK !!!!

CARLOS. .......

Comment

Congrats! Nice review.

Comment

I was on this hunt the weekend of Jan 17th, top notch outfitter! I had shot opportunities on each hunt, harvested 2 hogs and axis doe.

Would recommend Quatro B without any reservations and will be returning to hunt with Carlos.
                    Attached Files

Comment

nice,,, hunt boys...

Comment

We are headed there last weekend in feb first of march can't wait.

Comment

Great ranch. Owner is good people.
                          Shout out to Carlos... Good fella. Great guide

Comment

special thanks to Eric for the custom cutting
                            Board he had made for doug and the ranch.
                            Looking grisly in this pic - but had to show it off !
                            Attached Files

Comment

Nice amigo!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X