Daughters First Deer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daughters First Deer!

My 10 year old got it done on Saturday morning. She is amazing little hunter in the blind. She is patient, quiet, and observant. We hunted this setup 3 times previous, with not much action, and she was never discouraged. Saturday morning she was ready bright and early, so we went in almost an hour before shooting light. Just a few minutes after the feeder spun, we had some action. 3 good does headed towards the feeder, but of course took the long way around to check the wind. I whispered to my daughter to cross her fingers that they will not circle behind us, I looked down and she had actually crossed them, very cute. Well it worked. They didn't circle us and did come into the corn. I asked her if she was ready, and she nodded. I helped her get her crossbow off of safety quietly, and reminded her wait until one turned broadside. She was super patient. For about 3 minutes they would only face straight on or quarter toward us. She hung in there and finally one turned to into position. Without hesitation she let the bolt fly. She made a great shot. We watched the doe run off definitely hit pretty well. She turned and whispered, "That was awesome and I am shaking." I told her that now we had to do the hardest part of archery hunting.....wait. So we waited a long 30 minutes, then I let her track all the way to her first deer. She did a great job. I am a very, very proud papa.
    Attached Files

Well done! Congrats!

Comment

nice

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats to everyone involved.

-john

Comment

CONGRATS to the Young lady! She did Great! A Big thumbs up for teaching your kids right!!

Comment

Great job young huntress. And a big doe at that. Good job on your part also sir.

Comment

Congrats on a great hunt and memories made

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well done and congratulations to all.

Comment

Great shot!!! Congrats young lady

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

Awesome! My daughter is a bout to be a year old. I look forward to creating memories like this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats!!!!

Comment

Congrats! you both did a fantastic job<><

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Congratulations to your daughter. Grate job dad, for making fun memories.

Comment

Working...
                              X