Port A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Port A

Anyone been to Port A recently, or is there now? We are scheduled to be there in less than a month and I am a bit concerned because I have not received a good confirmation on my room yet. I know they have had major damage and set backs in the last year and I understand that, I am just wondering how much work is being done on the island. I guess I am just concerned she is going to tell us the room is not going to be ready.

Not sure where your staying exactly, but there are alot of places back up and running. There are a fewer places after the Hurricane though..... We stayed in Rockport just down the road at the Drifter Resort. Great people and Inexpensive Cabins and Bungalows

Comment

I guess it would help to say I am staying at the Sea Mist on the top floor, off of Banyan Beach Drive.

Comment

Was just down there a couple weekends ago. There is still a good bit of construction going on, but there's a lot of the Island is good to go and back running. Not sure about the Sea Mist, we stayed in a rental house. I'd give a call to whoever you booked with. They should be able to let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickslinger92 View Post
          Was just down there a couple weekends ago. There is still a good bit of construction going on, but there's a lot of the Island is good to go and back running. Not sure about the Sea Mist, we stayed in a rental house. I'd give a call to whoever you booked with. They should be able to let you know.
          That's the problem she just tells me I am good to go and don't worry, but I have not received a confirmation or a deposit request yet. I have been booking thru her for a couple of years and she has always been great, but she has never been this vague about my room. I have been having this discussion with her since April 1st.

Comment

The wife and I will be down there that last weekend in July. We just booked a few weeks ago and got a confirmation right away. Staying at the Beachgate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just bought a damaged home down there last week and spent the weekend down there working. Almost all businesses are back up and running, but several of the Condos are still out of commission - but several have at least started work now. I will be there again this weekend and can look to see if your place is up and running.

On a side note, if any TBHers live down that way and are looking for some side cash, we could use some hands on the demo crew.

Comment

Originally posted by aggieman12 View Post
                I just bought a damaged home down there last week and spent the weekend down there working. Almost all businesses are back up and running, but several of the Condos are still out of commission - but several have at least started work now. I will be there again this weekend and can look to see if your place is up and running.

On a side note, if any TBHers live down that way and are looking for some side cash, we could use some hands on the demo crew.
                Thanks for the offer I appreciate it.

Comment

Parts of island had some pretty major flooding last weekend as well, so that may be worth a look.

Comment

Wife and I were just down there a few weeks ago and yes some places are still under constructionist, a lot of places have recovered and are up and running. We had a good time and plan on going back soon. If you get the chance to try "Mac Daddy's " good service and good food.

Comment

Many of the condos are still rebuilding. I don't remember if Seamist is one of them. I know Sand key realty has some Seamist rentals. If that is who you are going through I don't think Audrey would rent if she wasn't reasonably sure the place would be ready. Much of downtown is rebuilt. As far as businesses, a couple stripes, two of the tourist spots an one or two restaurants are still under construction. I haven't been able to get a read on what the flood did other than our place didn't flood. I looked at Seamist on sand key's site and it is booked almost solid. You can go-to vbro and see if there are any reviews that say it's not ready. Good luck. We're back down probably the 14th for a btb kayak gathering.

Comment

I was down there with the family this past weekend. We were really impressed how much has been cleaned up and restored. Still quite a bit going on, but its great to see the community coming back.
                        The flooding wasn't terrible. Mostly street flooding. It receded the day after it quit. Water looked nice and blue in the bays. Surf was green about 300 yards out and came in and cleared up the brown Sunday.
                        As for the sea mist, im not sure. Bad thing is, i was just a few blocks down on 11th st. But i was glad to be down their and throw some $ back into the community.
                        You plan on doing any fishing?

Comment

Originally posted by mrc View Post
                          I guess it would help to say I am staying at the Sea Mist on the top floor, off of Banyan Beach Drive.

We are still on the island, so I might try to do a drive by this morning. I do know the Pelican, just north of there is tore down to cinder blocks. We are about 4 or 5 blocks south of Banyan at Island Retreat, and our building still doesn't have a roof on it.

Here are a few recent pics of changes and challenges on the island.

Pelican
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Pelican tbh.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	24543558

Island Retreat bldg G

Name:	Bldg G roof damage tbh.jpg
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	24543559

Sandcastle

Name:	Sand Castle tbh.jpg
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	24543560

Laughing Horse Rock Cottages on G street

Name:	Laughing Horse tbh.jpg
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	24543561

Neptune location on 361

Name:	Behringers old Neptunes Marcels Boogaloo tbh.jpg
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	24543562

Comment

Heading down July 10-14th Will camp in the RV on the beach . I have heard that the gold cart prices are very low .. As in do not book one as they have too many Buddy said his was 50 per day WOW

Comment

Sea Mist

I went by there on the breakfast taco run. It looks open and in pretty good shape.

Name:	Sea Mist 2 tbh.jpg
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	24543563

Name:	Sea Mist tbh.jpg
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	24543564

Comment

Working...