Stock(unmodified) Long Range Magnum Rifles under $1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock(unmodified) Long Range Magnum Rifles under $1000

I was always a fan of the Remington Sendero rifles, but with Remington going to crap, what are some other options for a Stock(unmodified) Long Range Rifles under $1000. Looking for a 7Mag or 300win. Probably wouldn't shoot over 600yards. I like a little weight to my rifle. I have a Weatherby Vanguard S2, and I think it's over 8lbs, so I definitely wouldn't want to go lighter then that. Looking for something that would do sub MOA with premium factory ammo as I don't reload. Took an older Remington 700 7mag on an Aoudad hunt in at Devils river and absolutely loved that rifle, but they're quality isn't the same now, and I'd like one with a little more mass I think, to really see what I'm capable of on the range.

Sako A7

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
      I was always a fan of the Remington Sendero rifles, but with Remington going to crap, what are some other options for a Stock(unmodified) Long Range Rifles under $1000. Looking for a 7Mag or 300win. Probably wouldn't shoot over 600yards. I like a little weight to my rifle. I have a Weatherby Vanguard S2, and I think it's over 8lbs, so I definitely wouldn't want to go lighter then that. Looking for something that would do sub MOA with premium factory ammo as I don't reload. Took an older Remington 700 7mag on an Aoudad hunt in at Devils river and absolutely loved that rifle, but they're quality isn't the same now, and I'd like one with a little more mass I think, to really see what I'm capable of on the range.

Buy a sako JRMLR31F BRAND NEW - Sako A7 Long Range .300 Win Mag

The Sako A7 Long Range with Roughtech stock i for sale by Oak Hill Guns on GunsAmerica.com the best online marketplace for buying and selling semi auto pistols, firearms, accessories, and collectibles : 954171841

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

bergera

Comment

Bergara 300 hmr

Comment

Thanks for the info. Was familiar with the Sako and the Savage, but never heard of the Bergara. I like the looks of the rifle, have to do a little more research. Thanks.

Comment

I wouldn't throw out Remington all together. I'd be looking hard at a 5r.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                  I wouldn't throw out Remington all together. I'd be looking hard at a 5r.
                  Agreed. I got a coworker that just got one in 300 win mag and it is a shooter. However I have no idea what he paid for it.

Comment

Guy at local gunshop mentioned the 5r, just a lot of quality control issues going on with Remington lately, and then the whole bankruptcy issue. Maybe there higher end rifles aren't an issue.

Comment

If you like the Remington 700 look for a used older one, there are a lot of them around and very low round counts, especially in the magnum calibers as those are ones that typically don't get shot much.
                      I have several older 700's and would not trade them.
                      Look at Cabela's gun library online as well as Gunbroker.

Comment

Look at the Remington 700 LR, got mine for 650 off gunbroker, dropped a timney trigger in it and I can touch three shots at 100 yards with Remington corelocts. It is a heavy gun tho

Comment

Savage model 12 BVSS 300WSM

Comment

Originally posted by 160class View Post
                            Look at the Remington 700 LR, got mine for 650 off gunbroker, dropped a timney trigger in it and I can touch three shots at 100 yards with Remington corelocts. It is a heavy gun tho
                            I looked at one of these at Cabelas. Seemed like a nice gun. Why so much difference in price between this gun and the Sendero?

Comment

Working...
                            X