ATV insurance - what am I doing wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATV insurance - what am I doing wrong?

Looking for help, as I must be doing something wrong. I've found ATV insurance threads on TBH and other sites where guys claimed to have "full coverage" on their ATV or UTV for under $300 a year. Some even claimed full coverage for under $200 a year.

I've run quotes from USAA, Allstate, Geico, Progressive and Foremost and I can't get a rate under $500 a year. The Geico rate was absolutely laughable (over $1000 a year!!!). These quotes were for what I would consider "full coverage" (Liability + Collision + Other Than Collision) with a $500 deductible. According to the quotes, it's the Collision and Other Than Collision coverage that's running up the rate. With a $500 deductible they are running about $250 each a year. (almost $500 each a year with Geico!).

If you're bored and looking for a challenge, here it is...

I challenge anyone here to generate an online quote for full coverage for under $300 a year for the following:

- New 2016 Suzuki King Quad 750 (722 cc engine)
    - 46 year-old single male
    - No motor vehicle violations the past 3 years
    - No riding experience
    - Zip code where ATV will reside is 75254 (Dallas)

I pay about 190 a year for full coverage from allstate. 2014 honda rancher

Comment

Markel

Comment

I pay 300 or so for full coverage on a ranger crew.

Comment

I believe we pay around $40 month for both our mule and 4 wheeler with 0 deductible through progressive. Our policy is the one that the deductible drops every year with no claim so we are at 0 now.

Comment

I pay $90 for full coverage, but that's on a 99 Kodiak 400.

Comment

Most insurance quotes are based on your credit score. It ain't right, but it is what it is.

Comment

I pay $95 a month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by NMStickFlinger3 View Post
                  Markel
                  Winner!

Just ran the numbers on Markel's site with maximum bodily injury liability ($250K/$500K), maximum property damage liability ($100K), and a $500 deductible on comprehensive and collision and the annual premium is only $117.

That's so cheap I can add Uninsured Motorist coverage and keep it under $175 a year. Almost seems too good to be true.

Comment

X2 on Markel.

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
                      Winner!

Just ran the numbers on Markel's site with maximum bodily injury liability ($250K/$500K), maximum property damage liability ($100K), and a $500 deductible on comprehensive and collision and the annual premium is only $117.

That's so cheap I can add Uninsured Motorist coverage and keep it under $175 a year. Almost seems too good to be true.
                      Can't beat them!!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
                        Most insurance quotes are based on your credit score. It ain't right, but it is what it is.
                        Same reason mortgage rates are based on credit score. People with lower credit scores tend to be higher risks.

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
                          Winner!

thats about right. i pay only 90-120 a year for motorcycle full coverage.

btw how ya been ?

Comment

Originally posted by tonyterry View Post
                            I pay $95 a month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Say what????

Comment

No matter what, insurance is worth the $. My Atv I value at 5 or 6k and insurance is $130 a year through progressive. Had $1600 in damage from rats chewing up all my wiring at lease and it was covered, still in shop now. Money well spent. Progressive was great to deal with.

Comment

Working...
                              X