What's your piggy recipe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's your piggy recipe.

Looking for some new ways to cook them oinkers. I have tried a few different ways, the traditional bq sauce "on the pit of course," broiled in beer, deep fried with flour batter, marinated in jack daniels'. We once rotisseried a domestic hog, that turned out pretty good. So dig out your cook books and spill the secrets to your kitchen or patio cookin.

Marinate in Zesty Italian dressing for at least 4 hours in the fridge. Season generously with Brush Country Seasoning, Uncle Mike's Steak seasoning, or Fiesta Steak seasoning. Then put it in the smoker for 3.5 to 4 hours.

We made about 20 pounds like this, this past weekend at Thompson Temple's. The next morning, Thompson asked for the leftovers if we didn't want to take them home. I guess he liked it!

Comment

My favorite smoked/bbq recipe is this one.

season up a leg quarter real good w/ some all purpose seasoning you like and let it sit overnight. Make a couple of incisions per side and shove a garlic clove in. Throw it over direct coal fire for about 15 minutes on each side. Then take it off and wrap it in foil. Throw in a whole onion chopped up. A stick of butter. One of your favorite bottles of marinade and wrap it up. Place it over to the side of the coals and let it roll. Check it in about an hour and pour a beer in as well for some more moisture. The next hour check it again and this time. Pour some soy sauce, some molasses, and italian dressing and let it roll. Then check every hour and drop a little butter or beer in to keep it moist. You will be in heaven. If it's leaking make sure you put a pan under it to keep all that good stuff from melting.

Another one try the boudin stuffed pork loin recipe in this thread. I've got lots of other recipes in my MesquiteCountry's recipe thread and MesquiteCountry's Sausage recipe's thread. If you ever need anything i've got tons and tons of recipes for ANY FOOD YOU CAN THINK OF.

Comment

Thanks guys, sounds really good. I got one pig right now and I am going to try those two recipes. There will be plenty more pigs to come so I will check your thread mesquite.

Comment

Working...
        X