No announcement yet.

Which 9mm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Target, you want a gun that is not as safe as a glock. Glock pulls the striker back as you pull the trigger, most others cock with the slide. I have an XD with a powder river trigger that shoots amazing, it is in your price range. However, I would not carry it because the striker is always under spring pressure ready to fire.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Comment

Glock 45

Comment

Try out the Sig P226 before you decide. It's the finest firing hand gun I've ever pulled the trigger on.

Comment

Beretta M9/92 models
          Glock.
          HK are nice.
          Taurus yup I said the T word. Steal their ideas and sell yours cheaper.
          Last edited by texaspacker; 11-18-2018, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Walther ppq or Hk vp. Check out website: grabagun.com they seem to have good deals they are in coppell, tx will ship to ur dealer, or if ever in NTX you can go to there store and pick it up.

Comment

My wife decided she wanted the VP9, i bought it for her. Then I shot it, and now have my own VP9, they're that nice. Great carry guns, although a little big to conceal. But for a "nice target/ range gun", I think it needs a little upgrade, and there aren't many parts options out there. Then again, for a gun I'm not planning to carry, i think of a nice steel or aluminum frame, not polymer, but that's just me. The CZ pistols are amazing at that price point, and if you're into polymer the p10c is what Glock should have been from the beginning, excellent triggers. Lots of folks don't like them, and they are well under your price point, but the P09 Duty is a heck of a gun. 19+1 iirc, your choice of da/sa or sume action only with a safety. There are so many excellent options on the market today, it's hard ti choose one really.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m going to get a Glock 17L. It's a long slide Version of the Model 17 and is designed for range / target shooting. Shot one a few months back and really fell in love with it.

Comment

Another vote for something in a 1911 platform. Lots of good options out there.

Comment

Pick up a used CZ shadow or SP-01 shadow. There's a reason CZ dominates the production/ssp divisions in IPSC and IDPA.

Comment

Sig 226

Comment

CZ Shadow
                        1911 variant
                        Sig p226

Comment

I am going with the HK VP9 base for now, saw one yesterday at a gun show for $499 so I will probably get one at the Saxet coming up. I can put really nice sights on it for under $100 and always buy an extra mag for about $35. Like the 226 also.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo Sabe View Post
                            I am going with the HK VP9 base for now, saw one yesterday at a gun show for $499 so I will probably get one at the Saxet coming up. I can put really nice sights on it for under $100 and always buy an extra mag for about $35. Like the 226 also.

It's a really nice handgun.

Comment

VP9! Love mine.

Comment

Vp9 is a great choice! Next year get a CZ and a 1911, the following year pick up a 226! Throw in a Browning Hi Power to the list

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X