Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Houston Astros season thread, Repeat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
    Are we talking about the Astros or you as a fan? I’m guessing the latter.
    Preach, brother.

Last year was a magical ride.

The boys just couldn’t capture the same mojo against a hugely talented team.

Nothing embarrassing about it.

We’ll get ‘em next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
      Tip your hat to the Sox, they played better this series. Astros played sloppy ball in games 3-4, had a few bad calls, and just couldn’t catch the breaks. I would’ve loved seeing Gattis be the DH all postseason, sadly I think he’s gone along with Marwin and Dallas.
      I'm wondering if Keuchel isn't the modern day Bret Saberhagen. For the first 8-10 years of his career back in the 80's, Saberhagen would be almost untouchable every other year. Seems Keuchel is on that trend. 2015 he was excellent, 2016 not so much, 2017 lights out, and this year only so so. It would suck to get rid of him and he be lights out in '19

Either way, I'm proud of the Astros. I've suffered thru some pretty crappy teams over the last 4 decades, these guys have nothing to hang their heads over. Thanks for a great year, fellas

Comment

It was a fun ride, cant win them all.

Comment

Bats turned into wet firecrackers.
          Sure missed watching capt caveman smashing the ball.

Comment

It was the best of times and the worst of times, plenty of bats then none at all. Then factor in the injuries, Astros had a pretty rough year in that department.

We'll get'em next year. Maybe hire some umpires too.

Comment

It was a run.
              Not as cut'n'dry as last year, and we all knew it with the bats being what they were all year..and injuries for most of it .
              Still wound up 1st, and playing in a 5 game alcs..
              Boston was just better.
              Cant dispute it.

Now that it is done.
              1) find who screwed up the hitting program and set them on fire...
              2) Remove Sipp. Dont allow him to take anything team related with him. Nothing.
              3) Form a coalition of all teams to
              A) remove Angel and West from anything to do with baseball.
              B.) overhaul the MLB and remove the old biased jackasses in charge.
              C) overhaul its replay system and the biased use of it for influencing games and series outcomes
              D) Make umpires responsible for bad calls. If they are overturned during replay- ridiculously large fine.
              Have a review of every call post game and PUBLICALLY score each umpires performance. (if it happens now..no one knows about it)
              4) lower the price of beer.

Jmo.

Go Stros.
              I still believe.

Comment

Was a good run this year. Enjoyed it guys.
                Go Stros, we will be back.

Comment

Much easier to look forward to next year when u easily make it to the LCS. It would really suck to be at the bottom and know you'll probably be near the bottom again. I hope this train ride lasts a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by willwork04 View Post
                    No heart this year. I was at the game with amazing seats. Left, laying in bed now. Not a good tight loss where they played their hearts out, and just came up short. Embarrassing really.
                    You didn't deserve those seats, next time give them to an actual fan.

It was another great year, and a good run.....getting in the series is hard.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                      It was a run.
                      Not as cut'n'dry as last year, and we all knew it with the bats being what they were all year..and injuries for most of it .
                      Still wound up 1st, and playing in a 5 game alcs..
                      Boston was just better.
                      Cant dispute it.

Now that it is done.
                      1) find who screwed up the hitting program and set them on fire...
                      2) Remove Sipp. Dont allow him to take anything team related with him. Nothing.
                      3) Form a coalition of all teams to
                      A) remove Angel and West from anything to do with baseball.
                      B.) overhaul the MLB and remove the old biased jackasses in charge.
                      C) overhaul its replay system and the biased use of it for influencing games and series outcomes
                      D) Make umpires responsible for bad calls. If they are overturned during replay- ridiculously large fine.
                      Have a review of every call post game and PUBLICALLY score each umpires performance. (if it happens now..no one knows about it)
                      4) lower the price of beer.

Jmo.

Go Stros.
                      I still believe.
                      After Hernandez and West are run out of town can every baseball fan everywhere just get one good swing at each of them at least?

I want to hit West's face so hard he instantly loses 50 lbs. of jowls.

Comment

Astros made a hell of a run, nothing to be ashamed about, now go Boston, I have a cousin pitching for them.

Comment

Did something bad happen??

Just can't help myself sometimes. Nice season by Astro's. Congrats.

Comment

Tough break but its been a hell of a season for sure. 100+ wins, best starting rotation in baseball, records broken, division champs, sweep of an ALDS and more. Anyone that gave up on them isn't a true fan. What they did 2 season in a row is remarkable.

Now I have to root for whoever the Sox play because I despise them. Always have since I was a kid. So go NL!!!

Comment

Another great season in the books! It will suck not being able to watch them play for a while, but they deserve a much needed rest! Hats off to Boston for being the better team this time.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                                Are we talking about the Astros or you as a fan? I’m guessing the latter.
                                Originally posted by MassMan View Post
                                Completely embarrassing. Sleep well.
                                Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                You didn't deserve those seats, next time give them to an actual fan.

It was another great year, and a good run.....getting in the series is hard.

After reflecting on it, I have to say y'all are correct. I was beyond disappointed and quite frankly mad last night. I let that get to me and left frustrated. I should have supported through the end and been thankful that they even got to this point in the playoffs. So much better than the 100 loss seasons. Thanks for chastising me and putting my head on straight, I deserved it.

Comment

Working...
                                X