Any flooding near Concan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any flooding near Concan?

We are supposed to be heading there for the weekend, but I wasn't sure what the situation is like. Should we reschedule?

Yes the Frio is way up currently ( not QUITE over the Neal’s bridge) but def not floatable

Comment

In the Leakey area as of this morning most of the low river crossings on the Frio were closed. I can't say for sure but they might have opened this afternoon. If there aren't anymore downpours the main roads should be ok. Once you get off road that is hard to say. Everything is saturated. If there is a specific area let me know and I'll try to go down and see how it looks.

Comment

Sorry just read the previous post. I thought you were coming to hunt. the river is running strong and the water is dirty so not a good time to float.

Comment

Looked up the Frio River Cam this afternoon, water was running over the first crossing bridge down to Neals. The river at Neals was running over most of the rock bed, but not too high. If a sudden shower pops up, there could be a problem.

Comment

No floating. Wife wanted to do some hiking at Garner and just relax. I just didn't want to get there and not be able to go anywhere while we were there. We rented a house off FM1050 near Blanket Creek.

Comment

Garner might be closed. Lots of flooding up there right now.

Comment

I just messaged Brett from Garner, I'll let you know when he answers...

Comment

He said that they will be open this weekend for hiking and relaxing...

Comment

Awesome! Thanks.

Comment

Had a good time. Went to Garner SP and did some hiking. Went to Lost Maples, but their trails were closed due to flooding. Drove over to Medina to the Apple Store, man does that place have some good food. I highly recommend it!
                      That area makes me want to retire early.

Comment

I really like Medina.

Comment

Working...
                        X