Live and learn with [emoji219]’s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live and learn with [emoji219]’s

I decided to create a YouTube channel since so many of you have asked about our bees [emoji219]. My warning to you is that we are literally buzzing by the seat of our pants. Watch and Subscribe as we make all the mistakes in beekeeping.

In to learn. It’s on my list of things to start in the next year.

Look forward to seeing the progress.

Comment

Ya know how to keep them away from the pool in a major drought? My boys can hardly get in without getting stung lately...

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob View Post
        Ya know how to keep them away from the pool in a major drought? My boys can hardly get in without getting stung lately...

My pool is ate up with wasps that are aggressive but my honey bees are docile. May want to try building some wasp traps. Just don’t bait with honey or honey products.

Most honey bees will just drink and move on. They don’t want to sting unless provoked. Wasp WANT to sting because they are certified Jerks.

Comment

No doubt about the wasps, but we dont have them. Its the boys swatting at the bees when they get close and there is hundreds of them. My oldest is allergic to bee stings so we've had to abandon the pool lately.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

No doubt about the wasps, but we dont have them. Its the boys swatting at the bees when they get close and there is hundreds of them. My oldest is allergic to bee stings so we've had to abandon the pool lately.

If you have that many then there is a hive somewhere close. If you can find the hive and it’s wild I’m sure someone local will come collect it. That’s really the only solution.

Comment

Here’s an example of a trap out

Comment

My closest neighbor is about a half mile, he keeps bees..... I dont wanna kill them just keep 'em out of the dang pool.

Comment

My closest neighbor is about a half mile, he keeps bees..... I dont wanna kill them just keep 'em out of the dang pool.

That explains it. Unfortunately there’s no bee repellent I know of. I keep a kiddie wading pool next to my hives this time of year in hopes they won’t go far looking for water. If you have a good relationship you could see if he has water for them and offer the idea. It still won’t keep them away but it may help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yea, he has water there, Im afraid its my garden and flower beds. I just would like to find a way to keep them out of the pool. They arent a bother otherwise. Thanks for the help, if you ever here of a solution, look me up!

Comment

Made another video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X