Textron Off Road / Bad Boy Buggies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Textron Off Road / Bad Boy Buggies

Looking for advice or experiences w/ Textron Off Road (formerly Bad Boy Buggies). I am really considering the Recoil iS ($14,700 MSRP).

Anyone have one? Anyone have any experience with them, good or bad?

I know a few on here have recommended the Polaris Ranger EV over any other fully electric cart, just curious as to why. I like the flexibility of the back seat folding down vs. the Ranger that can only carry 2 / 3 up front.

Help me out.

I have a bad boy buggie that rolled off a trailer on the hwy doing 75 MPH. Had to do an alignment and need to replace a CV axle, but it already was bad before. It kept trucking just fine. Hard to find someone to work on the electric ones though.

Comment

I have the 2wd Instinct and it is great. A friend of mine has the Recoil and he loves it. Main thing is to maintain the batteries and be sure to turn off the storage / run switch if you are going to leave the buggy parked for several days.

Comment

Originally posted by dhillis View Post
        I have a bad boy buggie that rolled off a trailer on the hwy doing 75 MPH. Had to do an alignment and need to replace a CV axle, but it already was bad before. It kept trucking just fine. Hard to find someone to work on the electric ones though.
        Man...that's a bad deal. Would like to see a video of that though!

Comment

Originally posted by 14JKURX View Post
          I have the 2wd Instinct and it is great. A friend of mine has the Recoil and he loves it. Main thing is to maintain the batteries and be sure to turn off the storage / run switch if you are going to leave the buggy parked for several days.
          I was just looking at the 2WD versions...would probably work for what I need. Thanks!

Comment

What I learned over the years from buddies with Electric carts ( I have an Arctic cat 4 wheeler ) is you can go thru mud and you can go uphill to but you can't go uphill in mud. Every year he had that thing I would get text after text, "Hey can you come tow me back to camp ?" LOL and I did..

For me I just bought a 1998 Toyota 4Runner 4wd and I love it. Heat, A/C street legal runs pretty quiet etc. My kids ride in it to and from Stands. Paid $6500 for it.

Ranchdog

Comment

Originally posted by TxAgBowHntr View Post
              Looking for advice or experiences w/ Textron Off Road (formerly Bad Boy Buggies). I am really considering the Recoil iS ($14,700 MSRP).

Anyone have one? Anyone have any experience with them, good or bad?

I know a few on here have recommended the Polaris Ranger EV over any other fully electric cart, just curious as to why. I like the flexibility of the back seat folding down vs. the Ranger that can only carry 2 / 3 up front.

Help me out.
              Have you ridden in both? That will answer your question pretty quick. I have not seen a BBB that will come close to the Ranger EV. If seating is a concern you would be far better off just adding a seat to the bed of the Ranger. We have a 2012 EV and it is great. Although this summer I did sort-of a restoration on it as the factory supplied batteries caused a big mess. Now I'm running sealed AGM batteries and it has made a world of difference. Sure wish they would come from the factory with the AGM's. But still, EV over the BBB any day.

Comment

At the ranch before it was sold we had a Polaris EV , BB Recoil IS 72V my BB Instinct 2WD 72 V ran side by side the BB always came out on top. The only thing I wish was different would be rear IS on my Instinct.
                Last edited by 14JKURX; 09-22-2017, 12:53 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                  Have you ridden in both? That will answer your question pretty quick. I have not seen a BBB that will come close to the Ranger EV. If seating is a concern you would be far better off just adding a seat to the bed of the Ranger. We have a 2012 EV and it is great. Although this summer I did sort-of a restoration on it as the factory supplied batteries caused a big mess. Now I'm running sealed AGM batteries and it has made a world of difference. Sure wish they would come from the factory with the AGM's. But still, EV over the BBB any day.

I haven't taken a ride in the Ranger EV but would assume it rides just like the regular gas models do. What kind of difference did the sealed batteries make? What mess did the factory batteries cause? How much did the replacement cost you? Anything else involved with it (i.e. any conversion required)?

Thanks Chance! I remembered you were the Ranger EV's biggest spokesman on here...I should've just asked you directly, but I already knew your answer!!! Haha.

JWB '04

Comment

Working...
                  X