Chester or Hog hunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chester or Hog hunt?

I just had the opportunity open up for a hog hunt this weekend and was supposed to go to Chester.

Tough decision.

What say ye?

Hog hunt. Everything I do with archery revolves around hunting. I view 3D as practice for hunting.

Comment

Hunting always overrules 3D in my book!

Comment

For me, it would depend on how many hunting opportunities I had. If I had a place I could hunt whenever I wanted, I would probably go to Chester, and then go hunting too soon after. If my hunting opportunities were limited, I would take the hunt and pass on the 3D!

Bisch

Comment

I think i'm going to go hunting. haha.

I know I should ask the texasBOWHUTERS.

Comment

Hunting trumps most things for me. Work, family events, birth of my next grandchild, wife's birthday. I'm hoping I die while hunting.

Not like in a hunting accident. You know, for missing my wife's birthday?

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah, no brainer in my play book. Hunt!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

The Glen Parker Memorial is only once per year...

Comment

I was hoping to meet you at Chester my friend.

The Glen Parker Memorial is way more than a 3D shoot to me. It is a chance to see old friends and make new friends.

As far as hog hunting, I got tired of killing hogs a long time ago. I guess I grew up dogging, trapping, bowhunting hogs, so the thrill has been long gone for me.

Be safe with either decision that you make.

Comment

I'd try to do both if I could. We will miss you at the shoot, nah I just said that to make you feel good lol

Comment

Originally posted by SwampGhost View Post
                      I'd try to do both if I could. We will miss you at the shoot, nah I just said that to make you feel good lol
                      You know you will! I'm going to take this opportunity to go Hog Hunting. I haven't been able to go any this year!

It would have been fun to meet and hang out with all you guys, just not in the cards this year.

Comment

I guess where I was coming from is, if you have to ask, then clearly you are not getting in enough hunting to keep you satisfied. If somebody said "lets go hog huntin tomorrow" I would stick with my Chester plans. But if somebody said "I got an Auodad on cam you can hunt this weekend." Well, I ain't killed one of them yet. I would still go to Chester because I made commitments... but I wouldn't shoot for ****, cause every time I would draw that bow, I'd be thinking of an aoudad...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd go to Chester, a hog hunt doesnt do much for me in this heat.

To each is own, and probably depends on how many hunting opportunities a guy gets/has available to them.

Comment

As a teacher I'm sure his opportunities to kill are limited during the school year.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Chester

Comment

Working...
                              X