Matador Doe Hunts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matador Doe Hunts?

The first doe hunt has come and gone. The second hunt is under way but I think the weather may have scared a few away. I am heading there on Friday. Does anyone have any reports? My buddy and I will be vamping there and have a tentative game plan.

In case anyone could use this..

Comment

Myself and my buddy will be there friday also. Have you heard any reports yet? I'm going to call there tomorrow and see whats been going on. We'll be camping, too. Hope to see you up there. Kevin

Comment

My buddy called after the first hunt and the report was 8 then they said 10...so let's just call 8-10 after the first hunt. I would imagine the weather conditions caused for several no shows for the second hunt.

Give us a shout. We will be in a black Silverado pulling a trailer...Hispanic and a white guy.

Steve

Comment

Sent you a PM

Comment

When I was up there scouting before an archery mule deer hunt in October I saw WT does on the east side of North Middle coming over from Shorty. Some of the guys saw WT does in either West or East Aeromater around the tanks (windmills) also. I saw a lot of mulie does on the north side of Lone Canyon, but those are off limits, I believe.

Comment

Called there yesterday and they said it has been pretty slow season so far. 27 does total and that includes GDE hunts also. A mule deer hunt is going on until friday and only 1 mule deer had been taken so far. They've had some tough weather lately also. Thanks for the report Grizzman. Time to go get it done.

Comment

Thanks Grizzman. Will be a fun time I am sure. This will be my first TPWD draw hunt.

Comment

Two of my relatives won the drawing out of 14 entries last week. They got a doe and a large muley buck.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X