Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curious about the nissan/ Cummins and Dodge Eco diesel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curious about the nissan/ Cummins and Dodge Eco diesel.

Would like to hear real world experience at towing near max capacity. Real world empty MPG on both. Pros and cons etc
    I would be going with a 4x4 crew cab, preferably a stripped down model if I can find.

I know a guy who has one. I know his check engine light was on and off but sounds like he likes the Nissan with the Cummins. He came from a Ram with Cummins so he kinda misses the power but overall I think he likes it

Comment

I just bought a 2006 pathfinder. What a piece of crap. Now, Ive googled Nissan problems. I wouldnt buy any Nissan product.

Comment

And I think he was getting around 20 highway on a 2wd crew cab

Comment

I don't know this for a fact, but was told that the transmission filter for the eco diesel is a filter/tranny pan combination deal and it is expensive.

Comment

The eco diesel isn't designed to tow heavy. The Nissan will tow heavier but reports on performance and fuel mileage are very mixed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thought they stop making the eco-diesel

Comment

I test drove both and was sorely disappointed in the performance.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                  Thought they stop making the eco-diesel

They did for about a year. They were recently ok'd to begin production again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I bought the Titan XD Cummins about three weeks ago. I only have 3 weeks under my belt but I can say I am impressed so far.
                    MPG is averaging about 17 in town and on my trip back from lease I was averaging 20-22, depending on speed. I pulled my utility trailer with ranger up to the lease and have to say I was super impressed. Had no clue it was back there for the 400 miles and it had plenty of power at all times even going up steep hills. What really impresses me even more is the 100,000 warranty and all of the creature comforts that it has. At the end of the day, it doesn't have the power of a F250 or other true 3/4 ton diesel trucks but it isn't a 3/4 ton so the power and torque it has is way more than adequate for the truck.

Comment

Originally posted by ecallarman View Post
                      I bought the Titan XD Cummins about three weeks ago. I only have 3 weeks under my belt but I can say I am impressed so far.
                      MPG is averaging about 17 in town and on my trip back from lease I was averaging 20-22, depending on speed. I pulled my utility trailer with ranger up to the lease and have to say I was super impressed. Had no clue it was back there for the 400 miles and it had plenty of power at all times even going up steep hills. What really impresses me even more is the 100,000 warranty and all of the creature comforts that it has. At the end of the day, it doesn't have the power of a F250 or other true 3/4 ton diesel trucks but it isn't a 3/4 ton so the power and torque it has is way more than adequate for the truck.
                      Got any pics? Does the Nissan have plenty room in the cab? I've been in the eco-diesel and it is very spacious which I love, also it rode smooth as silk. I'm big on comfort.

Comment

Originally posted by ecallarman View Post
                        What kind of MPG did you get pulling the trailer?
                        Anyone know of any issues with DEF on the Nissans?

Comment

I pull a 34' bumper pull camper, weighing about 8-8300 pounds loaded with my '16 ecodiesel CC 4x4. Zero issues with power in the hill country with it. Flat ground, cruise set at 68ish, I get about 12-13 mpg according to the computer. Unloaded it runs 26-27 on flat ground at 70.

Comment

A fella on another forum has had all kinds of trouble out of his dodge eco. So much he's trying to get out of it. He's learned dealers are only willing to give wholesale on trade.

I stepped inside a Nissan of a friend of a friend and was surprised. The owner drives 60k a year and has owned every diesel made and liked it. He also gets a new ride every 2 years

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a Tixan XD Pro 4x model. I bought it in March, and already have just over 20,000 miles on it. Everyday hwy/town mix driving, I avg between 17 and 18.5. I have a 32' 5th wheel that I pulled to Wyoming this summer. No problems at all and at times forgot that it was there. Averaged 11.5 or so mpg...

Comment

Working...
                              X