This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
    After some games are won is one thing , but saying at the start of the season they are 23 is just ludicrous. Prove something first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep! Surprised ND wasn't in there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
      Starting 5 will be better than average but when your subs coming in are freshmen Bama, UF and Auburn will feast on that. Not to mention if one or two go down which will happen at some point and you are starting true freshmen. Just not sure how it got to this point with no depth on the OL.
      Best OL players left and thug linemen were recruited. Basically what put them in this situation.

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
        Do you see the Mad Hatter as a possible replacement? I think he will be coaching soon somewhere and seems like the ideal fit there. The guy can recruit. Orgeron is runnin a circus down south now. Guy will be fired after a 5 win season
        If Miles was such a good coach, then why was he passed over for the HC jobs at Houston, Purdue, Baylor, and Ole Miss ? He's fixing to be 64 yrs old, and his agent will demand a guaranteed 5 year contract, worth $5,000,000+ per year, and a buyout clause. Nobody wants to hire a stubborn coach, who refuses to change his 1960's offensive mentality, and cannot manage the clock. FYI - LSU is paying Miles $133,000 a month, for the next 6 yrs.

From 2013 until his firing in 2016, Miles record vs. the SECW was 10-10, and vs. all SEC teams 15-11. Great man that his players truly loved, but he underachieved miserably with the amount of talent LSU signed.

Regarding Orgeron, you have zero clue about what's going on in Baton Rouge. Please provide factual evidence (with credible links) about him "runnin a circus down south now".

Comment

Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
          Starting 5 will be better than average but when your subs coming in are freshmen Bama, UF and Auburn will feast on that. Not to mention if one or two go down which will happen at some point and you are starting true freshmen. Just not sure how it got to this point with no depth on the OL.
          The same article went on to mention just that. There was too much depth for O linemen that several transferred last year because they were afraid they would not see the field. A handful of linemen got hurt against Miss State last year and the second string (this years starters) took over and did not allow one single sack. A couple went on and declared for the draft and that leaves them where they are now, short handed. But i am pretty confident in the guys that are there. They have a top notch OC and i trust the recruiting process that the talent that is there is worthy of seeing the field at some point or another.
          This season will determin how the program fares in the next couple years. Its a fairly young team and these guys will be around for a couple seasons.

The offense, if given enough protection should be better than anything they have fielded in several years. Etling has improved greatly and there are two top QB prospects just waiting for their turn in Brennan and Narcisse.
          One thing i dont like is another Jefferson is on the field. They have not fared well historically, lol. This Jefferson is a WR though and not a QB.

Fournett's little brother is on the roster as a RB as well.

Comment

lol Texas at 23.... eventually if they keep ranking y'all preseason they are gonna finally get close.

No winning season since 2013, no problem [emoji106] good times [emoji2]

Looks kinda funny when every other team was 8,9,10 win teams then u got a 5 win on there... no 6 or 7 win teams last year lmao

UT always seems to have some favoritism from the rankings...

Comment

Heck, Vegas is higher on Texas than the coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                If Miles was such a good coach, then why was he passed over for the HC jobs at Houston, Purdue, Baylor, and Ole Miss ? He's fixing to be 64 yrs old, and his agent will demand a guaranteed 5 year contract, worth $5,000,000+ per year, and a buyout clause. Nobody wants to hire a stubborn coach, who refuses to change his 1960's offensive mentality, and cannot manage the clock. FYI - LSU is paying Miles $133,000 a month, for the next 6 yrs.

From 2013 until his firing in 2016, Miles record vs. the SECW was 10-10, and vs. all SEC teams 15-11. Great man that his players truly loved, but he underachieved miserably with the amount of talent LSU signed.

Regarding Orgeron, you have zero clue about what's going on in Baton Rouge. Please provide factual evidence (with credible links) about him "runnin a circus down south now".
                Orgeron is losing top in state recruits. See tcu. Heck he even had to block transfer of a lineman that wanted to go to frogs. It's pretty bad when the kids don't even want to go to the school. When you have in state top recruits wanting to go to ft worth and not go to the bayou bengals then it's pretty obvious there is a disconnect there now. If you choose to ignore that and continue looking thru your beer goggles and think you are sitting pretty go ahead and laissez les bons temps rouler

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                  Heck, Vegas is higher on Texas than the coaches.

Why was aTm absent from the poll? Congrats to Texas

Comment

After some games are won is one thing , but saying at the start of the season they are 23 is just ludicrous. Prove something first

Preseason polls and polls until about week 5 are worthless. Beauty contests to make teams feel better about wins and losses and to help sell games.

Comment

i mean nothing personal but 10-10 vs the SECw is a lot more impressive than 22-29 lifetime like "ed o" is.

he has had enough crazy calamities to garner raised eyebrows while pondering that he has the keys to a major program. but hey! he beat one of the programs that starts with an "A" now he just needs to overtake the other one.

as you might say, i dont have a clue and i dont but history has me betting on circus.

Comment

Orgeron is losing top in state recruits. See tcu. Heck he even had to block transfer of a lineman that wanted to go to frogs. It's pretty bad when the kids don't even want to go to the school. When you have in state top recruits wanting to go to ft worth and not go to the bayou bengals then it's pretty obvious there is a disconnect there now. If you choose to ignore that and continue looking thru your beer goggles and think you are sitting pretty go ahead and laissez les bons temps rouler
                        why don't you cite some specific players names and I'll gladly give you the skinny

Comment

why don't you cite some specific players names and I'll gladly give you the skinny
                          I don't have a dog in ya'lls spat but the blocking of Willie Allen's transfer to TCU was certainly not a good look.

Carry on.....

Comment

Probably didn't have the chest for the SEC.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                              The same article went on to mention just that. There was too much depth for O linemen that several transferred last year because they were afraid they would not see the field. A handful of linemen got hurt against Miss State last year and the second string (this years starters) took over and did not allow one single sack. A couple went on and declared for the draft and that leaves them where they are now, short handed. But i am pretty confident in the guys that are there. They have a top notch OC and i trust the recruiting process that the talent that is there is worthy of seeing the field at some point or another.
                              This season will determin how the program fares in the next couple years. Its a fairly young team and these guys will be around for a couple seasons.

The offense, if given enough protection should be better than anything they have fielded in several years. Etling has improved greatly and there are two top QB prospects just waiting for their turn in Brennan and Narcisse.
                              One thing i dont like is another Jefferson is on the field. They have not fared well historically, lol. This Jefferson is a WR though and not a QB.

Fournett's little brother is on the roster as a RB as well.
                              Jefferson #2 was a decent DB.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                                I don't have a dog in ya'lls spat but the blocking of Willie Allen's transfer to TCU was certainly not a good look.

Carry on.....
                                spite must still plague him. he tried to burn usc to the ground on his way out. the coaching fiasco at lsu spanned 3 years as handled by alleva. sold out on fisher and settled on ed o.

yeah, im a long way from sold on ed o, but i could be wrong. good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X