Survivalists I need your help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Survivalists I need your help

Im no "prepper" or anything like that but have always liked to gather the tools and knowledge of being able to live without the system in place. Bow hunting being an obvious example. I am interested in buying a seed bank. Any recommendations and how often should i replace?

Go with the Kush strain!

Comment

If you need a laugh: Doomsday preppers , S1E6. Not sure how credible he was, but he seemed to be in the know with seeds.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
        Go with the Kush strain!
        Hahaha!

Comment

Do you have a fire kit?
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
            Im no "prepper" or anything like that but have always liked to gather the tools and knowledge of being able to live without the system in place. Bow hunting being an obvious example. I am interested in buying a seed bank. Any recommendations and how often should i replace?
            Keep them cool, dark and dry, and your good for about 5yrs. Moisture, heat, and uv are their worst enemies.

Comment

Just go to the feed store for seed. You can save seed from what you grow in garden also.

Comment

So what if you were to buy seeds and vacum pack them and just keep them out of the heat wouldn’t that work or would the vacum pack kill them

Comment

The kit I was given said "long shelf life of something" but didn't provide a expiration date. After 3 years curiosity and boredom got to me and none of the seeds I started germinated. I had kept them stored in my garage. Which to me says, fragile and don't rely 100% on them. Learn to forage native plants, mushrooms and other stuff commonly overlooked that grows in urban areas in case the crap hits the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
                    Just go to the feed store for seed. You can save seed from what you grow in garden also.
                    Only if they are heirloom

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Comment

Seeds should be replaced every 2-3 years. Store in cool dry place.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                        Go with the Kush strain!
                        Good advice !

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                          Do you have a fire kit?

Fero rod on my Esse 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok so to be safe 2 yrs. Not to bad as they are inexpensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would go to the local feed store and buy what they sell to gardeners. They will be able to give you valuable information like when and what to plant. Seed banks are mostly a waste due to different soil types climates etc. Heirloom or not if it doesn't grow and produce its a waste of time and money. Buy at minimum three years worth of both spring and fall seeds. Rotate them and replace them each year. If you don't start growing now then don't bother. They need to be in the ground ahead of time and you need to learn now not post shtf.

Comment

Working...
                              X