No announcement yet.

Anyone archery hunting San Juan forest in Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome sasqy!! Get some blood on an arrow!!

Comment

Checking for updates. Good luck!

Comment

Everything has been playing hard to get
        The bears disappeared and the elk go left when I go right
        Still got 4 days trying to seal the deal but the temps are rising again and slowing the movement ground is dry and can’t see fresh tracks .
        Fingers crossed haven’t gave up yet !!!

Comment

My buddy shot a mule deer and texted me thought the shot was low . He said he was going to wait till morning I told him not to bears Sure enough good shot the deer did not go 50 yards , He walked in on the bear eating Lost one rear quarter . Bear ran off , he said in that area bears every where elk are not being too vocal yet ..

Comment

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
            My buddy shot a mule deer and texted me thought the shot was low . He said he was going to wait till morning I told him not to bears Sure enough good shot the deer did not go 50 yards , He walked in on the bear eating Lost one rear quarter . Bear ran off , he said in that area bears every where elk are not being too vocal yet ..
            Heard a couple bugle yesterday other than that they are hiding quietly
            Haven’t seen a bear since bear season started
            Go figure !!
            Still enjoying the beautiful land and nice weather
            Better than being at home in 100* temps

Comment

Rest of today and tomorrow left
              Starting to sweat now!!
              Sure hate to eat tag soup when I get home but things are not going as planned
              Elk and bear are being impossible to pattern
              The elk are staying bedded all day and coming out after dark
              The bears are chasing sows so they are so random right now
              Sorry haven’t been able to show blood to those who are following this thread
              Haven’t gave up hope yet still got 36 hrs to go
              Fingers crossed and praying

Comment

You got time. Saddle, meadow or water hole. You could ease over to Bear Trap canyon it is deep and steep but holds elk especially if they have been pressured.

Good Luck and thanks for the updates.

Comment

Been watching basins,
                  Drainages, springs ,
                  And meadows,
                  And they are in the meadows every night after dark but they are taking different routes every day so cannot get ahead of them
                  Starting to want a bear more than anything m
                  Huge bears where I’m at and a couple really neat color phases

Comment

Originally posted by sasqy View Post
                    Been watching basins,
                    Drainages, springs ,
                    And meadows,
                    And they are in the meadows every night after dark but they are taking different routes every day so cannot get ahead of them
                    Starting to want a bear more than anything m
                    Huge bears where I’m at and a couple really neat color phases
                    If you have a bite and blow cow call you can predator call them in.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                      If you have a bite and blow cow call you can predator call them in.
                      That or take a few cans of sardines for lunch. A color phase bear might trump an elk.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Rest of today and tomorrow left
                          Starting to sweat now!!
                          Sure hate to eat tag soup when I get home but things are not going as planned
                          Elk and bear are being impossible to pattern
                          The elk are staying bedded all day and coming out after dark
                          The bears are chasing sows so they are so random right now
                          Sorry haven’t been able to show blood to those who are following this thread
                          Haven’t gave up hope yet still got 36 hrs to go
                          Fingers crossed and praying

Dont over think it if they are being random I would sit near water . Its one thing they have to do

Bears chasing sows are going to get tired and need a drink , Breading elk are going to do the same thing . And I would pack a lunch and not leave , Cant shoot something when your not there .

8 days and I will be up there ,

Comment

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
                            Dont over think it if they are being random I would sit near water . Its one thing they have to do

Bears chasing sows are going to get tired and need a drink , Breading elk are going to do the same thing . And I would pack a lunch and not leave , Cant shoot something when your not there .

8 days and I will be up there ,
                            The problem lies within
                            I have 4 good springs within a total of 2 miles
                            I cannot be at more than 1 spot at a time
                            The cards have not been in my favor yet
                            They are hitting water everyday but seems to always be the one I’m not at
                            I’ve got cams on 2 of the holes and get pics everyday
                            Maybe I will be in the right place at the right time before it’s too late

Comment

The problem lies within
                              I have 4 good springs within a total of 2 miles
                              I cannot be at more than 1 spot at a time
                              The cards have not been in my favor yet
                              They are hitting water everyday but seems to always be the one I’m not at
                              I’ve got cams on 2 of the holes and get pics everyday
                              Maybe I will be in the right place at the right time before it’s too late
                              Game is not over yet
                              Just really late in the 4th quarter

Comment

I am taking one Cell cam with me and two basic cams.. I am sure I am not telling you anything you do not know . But is there one tank that they will hit more often than the others and maybe even a mid day ??

Cams are great but they can miss things as well . Out of the view etc . Follow your gut and get in very early is how I do it.. I will take a nap many times when its pitch black out ..

I have had the best luck getting in way before anyone else thinks about it . Pull out all the sand spend the day ,

Comment

Working...
                                X