E. Texas Pine Plantation Flood Plot Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ren087 View Post
    I did a Whitetail Institute soil test for my E. Texas plot and got recommended lime amount and optimal plots to grow. Disc'd at end of July, limed last weekend in anticipation of some rain this week and will plant mid September. Mix of Pennington Durana White Clover, Texas Twist (brassicas, turnip, radish, & 3 types of clovers), Whitetail Institute Imperial Clover Perennial and Winter Greens (brassicas and turnip).
    My understanding is that lime takes about 6 months to fully affect the soil PH, is that not correct?

Comment

Originally posted by sweldo73 View Post
      My understanding is that lime takes about 6 months to fully affect the soil PH, is that not correct?
      I have heard that it is a delay as well.

Comment

Originally posted by sweldo73 View Post
        My understanding is that it takes more than that to truly incorporate, but I figured lime and then planting is better than no lime at all. Hoping it will help more for next year but hope will help some this year as well.

Comment

It may take 4 to 6 months for the lime to take full affect, but you will see results after discing and a rain as far as the ph going up as the chemical process starts.

Comment

Originally posted by splitfinger View Post
            Where do you find this "Buckbuster"? Thanks.

Doug
            I buy it in Sulphur, La. You can get it on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
              It may take 4 to 6 months for the lime to take full affect, but you will see results after discing and a rain as far as the ph going up as the chemical process starts.
              This. It ain't like flipping a switch, it's a process. It's gonna improve over time until it reaches its potential. Limeing now will help you later.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                This. It ain't like flipping a switch, it's a process. It's gonna improve over time until it reaches its potential. Limeing now will help you later.
                Good to know, thanks for your (and others) input.

Comment

Working...
                X