Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Again...if there are vehicles behind you, you must move to the right lane.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know why this is so hard to understand. Doing the speed limit? Stay in the right lane. Come up on someone doing less than the speed limit? Move over to the left, pass, and move over to the right once it's safe. You don't have to floor it but don't take a mile to pass. For the speeders, whether the guy is doing the speed limit or 10 over, if he's passing, get off his butt and wait your turn, then once he moves over, haul butt, get a ticket, complain on a forum about the nanny state. Geez

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
      I don't know why this is so hard to understand. Doing the speed limit? Stay in the right lane. Come up on someone doing less than the speed limit? Move over to the left, pass, and move over to the right once it's safe. You don't have to floor it but don't take a mile to pass. For the speeders, whether the guy is doing the speed limit or 10 over, if he's passing, get off his butt and wait your turn, then once he moves over, haul butt, get a ticket, complain on a forum about the nanny state. Geez

Well said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s the same old story, people driving slower than you are f’n idiots, people driving faster than you are f’n maniacs.

If someone is behind you, be courteous and move or and be an inconsiderate richard noggin and don’t. Plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
          Sums up my opinion on the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
            It’s the same old story, people driving slower than you are f’n idiots, people driving faster than you are f’n maniacs.

If someone is behind you, be courteous and move or and be an inconsiderate richard noggin and don’t. Plain and simple.
            Oh I’ll be courteous, so long as the guy flying up behind me while I’m passsing is courteous as well.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
              Oh I’ll be courteous, so long as the guy flying up behind me while I’m passsing is courteous as well.

Exactly

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxhunterr View Post
                Yes but if I’m passing someone and the person behind me is tailgating, they are getting a break check

Ya might want to think twice about that. A local woman did that a few years ago and caused a fatal accident. She is now in prison.

Comment

Do the effin speed limit.... brake check me and I will run through you, then get out and kick the shinola outta you...

Comment

The smell of vinegar is potent here.

Comment

TxFire- what is the last name of suspect or what county so I can look up court case. I’d be interested. I’ve worked plenty of wrecks where people scare elderly drivers and they hit the brakes. I just issue a citation to the idiot running up there tail for- Fail to keep assure clear distance

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                        Is this the accordion effect they were speaking about ?

Better hope there are no skid marks either or have something to explain why you hit your brakes on a freeway. Brake checking is a willful act of aggression, not to mention stupid to do at 70 MPH.

We had a woman do that locally about 7 years ago. It caused a fatality.....

....and a jury sentencing her to 20 years in prison.

Aggravated Assault (in TX) - Intentionally, knowingly OR “recklessly” causing serious bodily injury.

In other words, recklessly causing serious injury (broken bone for example) can create some serious prison time.

So brake away, hoping the action doesn’t cause an accident that might send the angry person to a life and probably family altering experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
                          Ya might want to think twice about that. A local woman did that a few years ago and caused a fatal accident. She is now in prison.
                          I didn’t know that you had posted that also.

And for the record, the woman brake checked a commercial vehicle. The vehicle that she “checked” hit the brakes, causing a man and his family in the third vehicle in the line to rear end the commercial vehicle. The driver of the third vehicle, who was probably following too closely, died and family members were seriously injured.

So the road rage woman brake checked a large truck and that in itself killed no one. Another vehicle following the commercial vehicle didn’t stop in time (the road rager had no intent on him even being involved) and cost the woman prison time.

Many felonies don’t require “intent” and people can get time for negligence.

Comment

Oh boy...

The fate of this thread has been determined.

Comment

I don't understand getting irked & wanting to brake check if passing...you are getting the flow going again & making the highway safe by relieving the bottleneck. Hold your ground & simply get right when convenient??

Why would any rational person cause a perilous situation while trying to advance from the one you are trying to get out of??
                              My whole thread was to explain the message of safety...I drive 400 miles a day & it doesn't bother me one bit if I'm passing at 80 & have someone riding me?? My employment is based on my driving. my whole point is to make awareness & get out of the way to keep the roads safe, not encourage the counter??

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X