Lazyman Stands Fiberglass Blinds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lazyman Stands Fiberglass Blinds

I bought two of the 4x6 “Penthouse” Gun Blinds and haven’t picked them up yet. They are brand new with 6’ Angle Iron stands w/porch and shelves in each blind. Total was $1450 each for everything which felt like a steal. That being said, I put a deposit down sight unseen. I know they are popular in Arkansas but would like some opinions if anyone has used them here.

Specifically, I have looked at a lot of pictures but can’t figure out how the windows open. Anyone know?

Here is their site if anyone wants to check em out: http://www.mylazymanstands.com/phone/stands.html

And the guy that I am picking mine up from is in Kemp, Tx.

Looks kind of like the Maverick blind as far as being a two piece blind that you put together. I could be wrong but that is what the pictures looked like. No idea about the windows. I didn't like how the "bow" blind had so many horizontal windows. Honestly, I think I would pass just based on what I could see in the pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
      Looks kind of like the Maverick blind as far as being a two piece blind that you put together. I could be wrong but that is what the pictures looked like. No idea about the windows. I didn't like how the "bow" blind had so many horizontal windows. Honestly, I think I would pass just based on what I could see in the pictures.

Looked at Maverick. They look somewhat similar except the maverick blinds are plastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Did you look at krivoman? You could get one of those with metal platform and stairs for about the same price, cheaper for you built your own base. I don’t have one myself but looking at them if I was in the market I’d lean towards the krivo.

Comment

Originally posted by DKirk View Post
          Did you look at krivoman? You could get one of those with metal platform and stairs for about the same price, cheaper for you built your own base. I don’t have one myself but looking at them if I was in the market I’d lean towards the krivo.

Never seen those before. Just looked at some. Look good, but plastic I think. I really wanted fiberglass. I am partial to it.

Comment

I have 2 of them that i bought this year.

I have the Fatman and Penthouse Gun

Comment

Originally posted by DSMCasey View Post
              Never seen those before. Just looked at some. Look good, but plastic I think. I really wanted fiberglass. I am partial to it.

Just a clarification. Very Think Poly. Will out last Fiberglass for sure. As for the blinds above, I have looked at web page and can not tell what the windows do from their pictures. My guess is it is some sort of hinged window.. Good luck and post some pictures when you get them set up.

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
                Just a clarification. Very Think Poly. Will out last Fiberglass for sure. As for the blinds above, I have looked at web page and can not tell what the windows do from their pictures. My guess is it is some sort of hinged window.. Good luck and post some pictures when you get them set up.

Very thin polycarbonate? If so, you are probably right. Polycarbonate is very strong. Stronger than fiberglass. I didn’t see info on the construction materials on the site which led me to believe they were made with less than top quality materials.

I considered boss buck blinds for a while too. Liked them but really like fiberglass.

Comment

Originally posted by powderburner View Post

I sent you a PM sir. Would love some of your insights!!

Comment

I bought one this past year. You definitely get what you pay for. Had to do some modifications to get the windows to function.

Comment

Originally posted by DSMCasey View Post
                      Very thin polycarbonate? If so, you are probably right. Polycarbonate is very strong. Stronger than fiberglass. I didn’t see info on the construction materials on the site which led me to believe they were made with less than top quality materials.

I considered boss buck blinds for a while too. Liked them but really like fiberglass.

Typo. very THICK Poly

Comment

The windows look like they slide on tracks much like the black plastic port-o-can looking stands.

I could be wrong; the pictures make it hard to get a good Idea.

Comment

krivoman will outlast a fiberglass by a number of years

Comment

i have looked at them and met the guys who make them they are cheaper made than anything out there thinner fiberglass and doors and windows don't seal as well as dillon and others but for the price i think they are a good deal the windows slide up in tracks and the door locks with a piece of wood that turns on a screw they are light and easy to move so if you are looking for a cheap fiberglass stand i think you would be ok but don't expect or think you are buying same quality as dillon or similar for less than half the price is my point

Comment

Originally posted by powderburner View Post

One weakness is the Windows. They are plexiglass in exterior channels. Their method of raising and lowering is a bolt drilled thru the plexiglass about 1/2 in.from the top. If you drop the bolt while lowering the window,it will break out a piece of plexiglass with the bolt still in it. ...ask me how I know...I have 2 Windows to repair or replace after 4 weeks of use. I think the Windows are oversize enough that I can turn them over and they will be enough material to redrill the bolt holes....if not...New windows...
                              The fiberglass had a few pinholes that were visible from the inside when looking at the ceiling. We took a rattle can of paint and sealed them up...should last..
                              For the price tho,they seem to be a really good buy.

Comment

Working...
                              X