Lighted nock reviews and opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lighted nock reviews and opinions

I am pondering the use of lighted nocks, but don't want the extra weight. I shoot a light weight bow(50lbs). How much does it affect arrow flight and arrow FOC?

Enough to change my point of impact.

Comment

Get u somethin luminochs or nocturnal brand. Like em alot. Helps to find arrow if u miss and when u hit can see when animal is running if it doesn't drop in its tracks. Does not affect arrow flight or point of impact.

Comment

I used to hunt with Lumenoks but don’t like the way they operate as far as turning them on or off, I have since been using Nocturnals and really like them. I’ve been shooting the sames ones for the past 2 years.

Comment

some of the reviews talked about retuning the bow to get proper arrow flight. Did yall experience this?

Comment

I also shoot 50lbs and have had no issues with penetration from FOC change (I shoot fixed heads) or point of impact. I imagine if you like to shoot long range you will notice a POI change. I use Nockturnal's but have tried many brands.

Comment

OK thanx

Comment

Nockturnals are ok, lumenocks suck. I have recently tried some Ignitor and they are ok. With lighted nocks, it's not who's are the best...it's who's don't suck as bad.

Comment

Oh that's funny, Im not sure if that helps or hurts

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                    Nockturnals are ok, lumenocks suck. I have recently tried some Ignitor and they are ok. With lighted nocks, it's not who's are the best...it's who's don't suck as bad.
                    agree !!!

Comment

Nocturnals are the best IMO, and I had no change in arrow flight or POI. Very helpful in tracking arrow flight and Impact location

Comment

Originally posted by goldtip5575 View Post
                        Nocturnals are the best IMO, and I had no change in arrow flight or POI. Very helpful in tracking arrow flight and Impact location
                        This

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                          I laughed at this as well but there's a lot of truth in this ^^ these days. Since Rage bought out Nockturnal, the quality isn't like it used to be. Seem to have some that stay stiff regardless how many times you switch them off and on prior to using. With that being said I still use them as they still seem to suck the least.

Originally posted by goldtip5575 View Post
                          This is true for me also. I video 90% of my hunts and when reviewing the playback, it helps out with pinpointing exact shot placement.

Comment

Buy them, makes it much easier to find a lost arrows.

Comment

I have liked the nocturnals the best. I take the nock collars off my carbon express arrows that I shoot lighted nicks in. That saves about 7 grains of weight. I keep the collars on my practice arrows and the 12-15 grain weight difference hasn't changed point of impact.

Comment

Working...
                              X