12 vt battery issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12 vt battery issue

Of course the battery at my feeder went down, so I picked up a new 12 volt at Buccee's. Got it home, put hooked up the timer and nothing. Got out the ole analog meter ( yeah I know) and hooked it up, went to negative on the scale. Hmmmm, broke out the new digital meter and it show -12.73. HUH? Hooked up the timer but reversed the wires, black to red positive post and the timer showed 5 bars on the battery meter and it looks like it wanted to work. Put a trickle charger on it and it immediately shows to "check the battery".
    W. T. H.? Please keep it simple on your replies. Remember, I just graduated from an analog.

Wired backwards from the factory???

Comment

Sounds like it's wired backwards to me. I'd take it back and swap it for a different one.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
        Wired backwards from the factory???
        Wow, I would never have thought to double check that before hooking one up.

I walked a Buccee's 12v to their coffee bar last week ......and left it there accidentally .

Comment

Seems like there was a post like this last week also.

Comment

It gets STRANGER. Left it on the work bench last nite not hooked up to anything. Checked it this morning and shows 5.93 volts. Put the trickle charger on it and no "check battery" lite. Left it on all day and it is up to 11.50. Hooked it up to an old timer and spinner motor and it worked fine.
            Tonight, I'm gonna watch baseball and drink cheap whiskey as I pull what little hair I got left.

Comment

That battery must identify as a hillbilly from Kentucky...... or a lib. Who knows. Either way, it won’t work unless there is some shine or a 40 involved.

Comment

Battery is no good

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X