Best Video Camera Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Video Camera Setup

I am wanting to start videoing my hunts with my little boy and also and more importantly for use around the house. He will be starting soccer, my niece is in ballet dance, etc. Which would be the best style video camera when used in these places? Is the $200-300 cameras all I need or can I justify spending 1K on a Canon G40 or similar? Thanks for any help!

Honestly, I just use my iPhone. With the recent versions (6 & 7), shooting up to 4K video is all i need. It's one less thing to carry, i always have it, and I have chargers everywhere.

Comment

I would get a DSLR. DSLRs are great for photography as well as at shooting video. You can get a really nice telephoto zoom lens and get close up on the shot. Also, the DSLR would be great for shooting sports pictures or videos. They run the gamut in price, but if you don't want spend much, your phone is tuff to beat. You can get "clip on" lenses for your phone too, but they don't really compare to the DSLR lenses.

Comment

Also, check out some of the new mirrorless cameras with interchangeable lenses.

Comment

I use this type of mount for my iPhone. Gives me lots of flexibility on placement and angles. Much better than a tripod or the like for the larger cameras.

Last edited by Woj; 10-07-2016, 07:28 AM. Reason: adding the details.

Comment

If you don't need alot of zoom your phone will work great.

Comment

Originally posted by Woj View Post
              I use this type of mount for my iPhone. Gives me lots of flexibility on placement and angles. Much better than a tripod or the like for the larger cameras.

https://www.amazon.com/Goldenwide-36...=iPhone+holder
              Interesting....but they are out where else can you get them.

Comment

Bump bump

Comment

Canon 60D is a great DSLR camera and Canon Vixia HFR40 is a great camcorder, as well. Look around on Craigslist for cameras. You don't have to spend a lot of money to get really high quality footage.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Huntin View Post
                    Interesting....but they are out where else can you get them.
                    just search 'iPhone Holder', several to choose from.

Comment

Im looking for the same thing, thanks for the info

Comment

Gracias

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X