Another Bear Attack in Wyoming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
    "One" never knows how you or someone else will react with Death staring at you!? Been there and done that but NOT from an attacking bear. Sad situation all the way around. Like some maybe commenting on this OP, witnessed a few instances where the "bragging tough guy," took off when it was "flight or fight."

Don't judge, you will NEVER know for sure until it's time!
    X2
    You never know what you are going to do until you are truly faced with an encounter. I have been charged by wounded big boar hogs four times with several different hunting partners on different hunts. Only one fellow hunter stood by me and shot at the hog as it was charging us. The others all turned and ran. One actually took off running with the flashlight as we were being charged and left me there in the dark facing the hog. Who knows, with a big grizzly I certainly might turn and run too. I hope not. It's just a bad situation and I am so sorry for the guide and his family. Tough way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Hunter View Post
      X2
      You never know what you are going to do until you are truly faced with an encounter. I have been charged by wounded big boar hogs four times with several different hunting partners on different hunts. Only one fellow hunter stood by me and shot at the hog as it was charging us. The others all turned and ran. One actually took off running with the flashlight as we were being charged and left me there in the dark facing the hog. Who knows, with a big grizzly I certainly might turn and run too. I hope not. It's just a bad situation and I am so sorry for the guide and his family. Tough way to go.
      Its easy. Kick em in the nads. Just dont miss

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
        Its easy. Kick em in the nads. Just dont miss
        Not doing that again. Last time a kicked a Grizzly in the nads I spilt my beer

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
          But don't judge, you don't know the guy . Probably figured the guide could handle the bear for a couple hrs till he got back with help.
          So you think two guys could beat a bear in a fight? So if he stayed and jumped on the bear the outcome would have been better? Just curious what your thoughts are of what should of happened.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
            So you think two guys could beat a bear in a fight? So if he stayed and jumped on the bear the outcome would have been better? Just curious what your thoughts are of what should of happened.
            Based on past responses he'd have you think because he's had a limo bull chase him or defended himself over taking money in a pool game or had to fight off a pack of dogs that he would some how turn into Chuck Norris and whip both mom and grown cubs arse.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
              That's what Tredwell tried, both mostly ended up bear poop.

I'm thinking the bear has been shot and will be found dead/wounded.

Comment

Looks like a bear wasn't shot.

"Wyoming wildlife managers have euthanized two grizzly bears that they believe killed an elk hunting guide and injured his client near the border of Yellowstone and Grand Teton national parks north of Jackson Hole.

The two bears, a mother and cub, are being examined in connection with the mauling death of guide Mark Uptain on Friday in the Terrace Mountain area. Uptain and his client were preparing to pack out an elk they had killed when they were attacked. The hunting client, Corey Chubon of Florida, escaped and called for help. Uptain was a married father of five, authorities said.

"All available evidence indicates that these two bears were the bears involved in the Terrace Mountain attack," Rebekah Fitzgerald, a spokeswoman for the Wyoming Game and Fish Department, said in a statement on Sunday...."

Comment

Interesting
                  The grizzly bear that caused tragedy high in the Teton Wilderness never let up from a full-bore charge before hitting the Jackson Hole outfitter she fatally mauled.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                    But don't judge, you don't know the guy . Probably figured the guide could handle the bear for a couple hrs till he got back with help.
                    True that. Why do people have a hard time calling text book cowardice such?

"person who lacks the courage to do or endure dangerous or unpleasant things.
                    synonyms:weakling, milksop, namby-pamby, mouse; More
                    antonyms: hero"

All this 'you don't know' isn't true anymore the latest article lays out the details. Dude doesn't know how to operate a Glock (for real) and leaves the still obviously alive guide to fend for himself.

Just come out and say if you would have done what the client did. If you say you would, know that you are a coward.

Comment

Working...
                    X