Info on Denton?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
    Denton is fine but you have Justin, Krum, Ponder, Sanger, Pilot Point, Cross Roads, Aubrey, all nice places to live less than 30 min away.
    All pretty good choices, Pilot Point is going to be tough simply because there are few houses being sold or built. The city keeps saying there are 1,000 houses coming from different developments but they just aren't getting going.

I'd add Valley View to the list too. You'll get more house for your money if you go north.

Traffic sucks on 380 now, if it were me I'd stay away from the cross roads, providence, savannah area.

But I'd like to move north to get away from the urban sprawl anyway. It is getting too busy for me around here, Denton especially.

ClearCreekDC on here is a full time realtor in Denton and knows the market well. PM me if you want his phone number.

Comment

Also check out Northlake, lived there for a bit but commute to Dallas area was becoming too much. Ponder, Krum or even consider Decatur for small town feel. The market for homes in DFW is insane, made some good money but reinvesting into another about kills ya.

Comment

I used to live in Denton 15 years ago, a lot has changed, but the traffic hasn't

id say Krum, or west of 35 on 380.

Also on Ganzer road there are some farmette types of houses that aren't too bad. my buddy Gordon lives up there.

Comment

I live in Aubrey and love it. Music in the park is pretty cool every summer. Taxes are pretty high though in Denton county. Need a custom home builder hit me up.

Comment

Dropped the kiddo off at UNT this past weekend. Really like the town, but never priced the housing.

I probably should. Given what the cost of the dorm room is, I can probably buy a house that can could be sold when she's done with college.

A buddy of mine lives in Corinth. He and his wife are in Denton all the time visiting the various restaurants.

I like the town itself. Its not a big city yet its no poe dunk town either.

What is your Dad's budget?

Comment

I wouldn’t live in Denton but there are a ton of little towns all around Denton that are awesome!

Comment

Moved to Denton 3 years ago and mostly really like the town. Housing is ridiculous everywhere in North Texas right now. My house has appreciated 15% in the 3 years I've lived here (not complaining). We've made some great friends, lots of shopping and restaurants....not to mention Buccee's will open next year.

If I had it to do over, I'd look into the towns already mentioned. Denton is like a mini mafia....One of the few places Electric isn't deregulated, so you have to chose Denton utilities. Cable/Dish choices are slim and if you have any work done to your house, you have to choose a "Denton Approved Contractor". They'll provide you a list but anyone not on the list has to pay $75 to be on the list.

Hope the good and bad help's!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                  Hell no I wouldn’t live in Denton if I had a choice.

Skinny

You don't have a choice? You on house arrest?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    You don't have a choice? You on house arrest?

Lmao. I don’t live in Denton so I guess I do. [emoji23]

Denton is growing so fast. 45 min NW of there is about perfect. [emoji1474]

Skinny

Comment

Sent a PM

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                        Dropped the kiddo off at UNT this past weekend. Really like the town, but never priced the housing.

I probably should. Given what the cost of the dorm room is, I can probably buy a house that can could be sold when she's done with college.

A buddy of mine lives in Corinth. He and his wife are in Denton all the time visiting the various restaurants.

I like the town itself. Its not a big city yet its no poe dunk town either.

What is your Dad's budget?
                        You should. And call me when you do[emoji41]

We said the same thing when our daughter went to Harding Simmons in Abilene. Makes great rental property afterwards for college kids.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Collinsville, Mountain Springs, Valley View, Sanger. That should cover it.

Comment

Thanks for all the info guys. He's figuring out if he's able to get relocation assistance, and i forwarded on the info.

Comment

Little Austin. Yuck!

Comment

Spouse works at Toyota of Denton, which is almost in Corinth on the south side of Denton. We live on the southwest side of Decatur, about 10 minutes out of Decatur. It takes him about 45 minutes to drive to/from work. From town to I35/380 intersection is about 20 minutes. Easy commute since they made 380 a 4-lane highway all the way. Decatur is growing, and there are lots of new housing areas being developed. The east side of Decatur has several new subdivisions that would be an easy commute to Denton. And Decatur is still a relatively small town with a small town feel.
                                As others have said, Krum, Sanger, Valley View, Pilot Point, Aubrey are all still relatively small with easy commutes to Denton.

Comment

Working...
                                X