Outfitter will not return our deposit on a hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pilar View Post
    Well he returned a text , stating he would return the money if I have a death in the family
    My reply was “he just needs to do the honorable thing given the time frame “
    Absolutely. Even if scheduling worked out...given the guides current character display...Id expect less than moderate quality service.

Pilar...good on you not going full blast right off. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
      More than likely he spent your deposit and doesn’t have it to give back

That is my guess - some of those guys live close to the edge, financially. He may live off of deposits in the off season and just hopes nobody cancels.
      I’d bet the farm this is spot on. I’d tell him to reschedule you for next year and go from there. Not enough money to go to court over.

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
        I had a similar situation years ago, I asked my attorney what would happen if I ignored a federal subpoena......his answer " I wouldn't advise it".
        Good idea I will ask the attorney generals office to add him to the vital witness
        List so we can discuss this issue in the vital witness room during the trial (the new Mexico antelope season)

Comment

he spent your money doesnt have it to give back

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
            This made me laugh a little harder than it should have.

OP, you need to send Burnadell over there... he ain't got nothin' to do anyway.

Comment

Just occurred to me to ask if OP might have gotten vacation/trip cancellation insurance?

I remember we got that several years ago when booking a trip to Disney World. Should be able to do so for a hunting expedition.

Comment

Does he sale guns too? Asking for a friend

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                  Well he returned a text , stating he would return the money if I have a death in the family
                  My reply was “ he just needs to do the honorable thing given the time frame “
                  I'd ask him what about a death in his family, see what he had to say

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                    I’d bet the farm this is spot on. I’d tell him to reschedule you for next year and go from there. Not enough money to go to court over.
                    I dont think this is right. Im not sure what NMs judicial system entails... but prolly not far off from Texas’. Id go for full deposit, court costs, and transportation costs for court appearance. Im willing to wager... if Pilar produces black and white email discussion...on printed paper...without lawyer assistance... a small claims judge or NM JP equivalent...would award Pilar the full deposit, court costs and “justified” transportation costs.

Pilar...call...hat in hand to NM JP clerks and theyll likely direct/help you from a distance. I bet the guide doesnt show and makes the judges decision easier.

As it stands currently...Pilar gets burned of $3000 with no hunt. Anything is better than that IMO.

Comment

Start posting bad reviews all over the web and tell them you will only stop when they return your money. I am a business owner and would wire you funds so fast your head would spin.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Dan View Post
                        Start posting bad reviews all over the web and tell them you will only stop when they return your money. I am a business owner and would wire you funds so fast your head would spin.
                        I gotta mortgage due....
                        Whats the name of your business and email again?
                        Asking..um for a friend.....

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                          Does he sale guns too? Asking for a friend
                          That made me giggle. Now I have to go see if that dude returned the gun money.

Comment

I was wondering if that vegas high roller returned the $.
                            I looked the other day and couldnt find it. Guess it got whacked?

Comment

Outfitter will not return our deposit on a hunt

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                              I gotta mortgage due....
                              Whats the name of your business and email again?
                              Asking..um for a friend.....

I had a bad experience buying deer blinds out of Many LA and I finally outed the guy. Between TBH and tigerdroppings OB board I got my money back. Within a few hours I had the guys arrest record and any other info I needed on him. I posted the info on any website he advertised from Texas to Alabama. I did all that over $800 so I would send the Calvary for 3k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by Black Ice; 08-20-2018, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                                I had a bad experience buying deer blinds out of Many LA and I finally outed the guy. Between TBH and tigerdroppings OB board I got my money back. Within a few hours I had the guys arrest record and any other info I needed on him. I posted the info on any website he advertised from Texas to Alabama. I did all that over $800 so I would send the Calvary for 3k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                There was a time that i too would not hesitate to react that way.. and would have websites and domains locked down by isps/ASPs/SaaS for TOS issues for unscrupulous vendors.
                                Still do from time to time.

Comment

Working...
                                X