Adjustable Gas Block Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adjustable Gas Block Question

Put an 8” 300blk pistol together for the father-in-law here while back and finally got out to test her out. I guessed on gas block setting when we put her together and it cycled supers well, but I opened it up a little just to be on the high end of good. When we went to send some subs down it failed to feed and jammed. Ended up opening it up most of the way and it worked some of time, but not consistent. Now the adjustment screw is almost, if not touching, the hand guard. Has anyone trimmed the nub off a shade to open her up just a touch more so I can screw it in a bit? This is shooting with suppressor attached.

Also wondering if anyone has had issues with gen3 pmags 10 rounders feeding the longer subs? Wondering if that ridge that would usually rides the Neck of 223 needs to be sanded a bit.

Thanks for the help tried finding an old post on this and digging it up from the grave to no avail.

No idea on your gas issue.

Mine is carbine length, drilled out the barrel to .125”, and it cycles everything. I just have a cheap low profile gas block, never needed an adjustable on this rifle.

Yes, you will need to sand the ridge in your mags. It cocks the last couple of rounds, so they do not pick up cleanly, and you get a FTF. Afew seconds with the Dremel and a sanding drum will sort it right out.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Gummi,

Thanks I’ll try modding the mags first to see if that will cure the it then start playing with the gas block.

Comment

Originally posted by QACZ71 View Post
        Gummi,

Thanks I’ll try modding the mags first to see if that will cure the it then start playing with the gas block.
        This is what I would do as well.

Comment

Working...
        X