Public land public service announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dacento View Post
    While we're on things not to do on public land, has anyone ever come across a feeder set up on public? Saw one last week pretty far in. I left it alone, but it's disappointing to see something like that when I'm putting in the hard work.
    Yep seen just about everything... feeders, tripods, ladder stands, and even hog traps. Very disappointing to see that kind of stuff when you're doing things the right way. Always somebody out there taking shortcuts..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Last year I took a hike and ended up find a box stand with a feeder, and a ladder stand with a feeder along with miles of atv trails leading from private land. There's some bold people that think they can do what they want.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
        Last year I took a hike and ended up find a box stand with a feeder, and a ladder stand with a feeder along with miles of atv trails leading from private land. There's some bold people that think they can do what they want.

If you talk with the land manager for whichever public piece you were on I'd bet they would be very interested in that info. Maybe with GPS coordinates and some pics...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Army of Dad View Post
          If you talk with the land manager for whichever public piece you were on I'd bet they would be very interested in that info. Maybe with GPS coordinates and some pics...

I agree with AOD. That's next level brazen. Are you positive it wasn't on a private in holding in the forest/wma?

Comment

It's clearly marked public. I gave the GW gps coordinates. Not sure what ever happened but I don't plan on going to check it out. It was pretty nerve racking knowing these people are that bold and that they could be there with a gun. So I'll just mind my own business and hopefully the GW took care of business

Comment

I also have pictures but I'm not going to post them here

Comment

It's clearly marked public. I gave the GW gps coordinates. Not sure what ever happened but I don't plan on going to check it out. It was pretty nerve racking knowing these people are that bold and that they could be there with a gun. So I'll just mind my own business and hopefully the GW took care of business

The warden might be in for ticketing the offender(s), but it's usually up to the property managers to get the stands off.

Comment

I also have pictures but I'm not going to post them here

Let’s see them!!!! Could be my camp! Lol. We have had people walk up on our property thinking it was national forest. We are surrounded by forest on 4 sides!

Comment

I definitely have the coordinates. Didn't take pictures. Was thinking about reporting it but wonder if the game warden will go back there to deal with it. It's definitely on public land but quite a ways in. Also makes me a bit worried since I'm probably on their trail cameras. You never know how someone might react.

Comment

I can assure everyone of you that it is not private land. The fence with boundary signs is about 100 yards from each stand. Plus, I followed the trails straight to private land. That is marked clearly. I don't have pictures of the trails as once I found the stuff it was time for me to go. I think I was about 1.5 miles from the nearest road.

Comment

I can assure everyone of you that it is not private land. The fence with boundary signs is about 100 yards from each stand. Plus, I followed the trails straight to private land. That is marked clearly. I don't have pictures of the trails as once I found the stuff it was time for me to go. I think I was about 1.5 miles from the nearest road.

Woah!!! That’s very ballsy. Pm sent

Comment

Man, I used to could walk to my stands blindfolded way back in the woods, but I find myself relying more on my GPS to get to my "spots". Never had a GPS when I was younger and never had any problems. So I sympathize with the guys hanging the crap every 20 feet, but I agree it's littering and it makes to woods look like crap. It's only the random newbies who uses it on the areas I hunt nowadays. The reflective tacks can be handy but remove them when your done or once you familiarized yourself to the area. Some of the stuff I hunt is so thick, it's not about getting to your GPS coordinate, it's about hitting the right trails, or you end up on your hands and knees crawling through briars so thick you can't see through them.

Comment

Oh, and to boot they had those little clip on trail markers every 10 feet on trails big enough for a side by side. I was amazed that they couldn't follow a trail that was so beat down. With that being said, I didn't pull the thread off topic lol.

Comment

Rough crowd ... some folks are just not as directional savy as you awesome outdoorsmen

Seems like moving flagging to cause someone to get lost is wrong ...

DWC

Comment

I don’t understand why people feel like they can just do what they want on public land. Flagging tape is annoying to me, but just the top of the iceberg unfortunately. Public hunting is a privilege and I wish more people saw/treated it that way.

Comment

Working...
                                X