Striper fishing on Lake Whitney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Striper fishing on Lake Whitney

Saturday my wife and I went striper fishing.
    We went with Gary Jackson from Action Jackson Guide Service.

We arrived at the boat ramp at 7:15 to meet Gary and I gave him a call.
    He said he was already on the lake trying to catch bait but wasn't having any luck and it would be about 45 minutes before he could pick us up.

Well he showed up right at 8:00 and off we went. About a 20 minute ride and he drops anchor.

We were catching fish within minutes! In less than an hour we had our limit and had caught a fish on every shad he had in the live well and even caught multiple fish on a couple shad!

This was my first trip ever for Striper and I'm already planning another trip!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Congrats, me and the wife hit Whitney yesterday morning and couldn't buy a fish. Went looking for topwater schooling and found nothing.

Comment

Sounds like a great trip. I guess I need to work on my casting net skills.

Comment

Whitney is a great Lake!!!! Fished several tournaments on her. Shad can be tough on Whitney especially on the lower end. Need to go north around the bridge. We use to catch bait on Aqullia and then head to Whitney. Not suppose to do that now with the stupid , feel good zebra mussel law. Good friend of mine is a Guide, Dan Swindell. IF you are looking for a top guide for Whitney consider him.

Comment

Working...
        X