Bent up the trailer jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shu View Post
    That is a 10 minute repair and you would never know it happened when I finished. I do at least one a week. I have a full shop at my disposal and would still take it to a curb first. I would also add a plate to the bottom of the frame to support the jack like it should have had from the factory.
    Bolting a jack to the side of the tongue is the wrong way to repair it. If you unhook the trailer when it’s loaded it will twist the tongue. The jack needs to be centered on the frame and supported.
    This.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      Not to go against the guys with the swing up outfits, but one of them almost took my lower leg off once. Granted, I was doing something it was not intended for, but the setup in my pics is Dale/idiot proof.

It will take a welder to do, but if you bent your buddie's trailer, have it done and he will thank you a hundred times later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      What happened?
      I like the ones that pivot. Just put one on a trailer to replace the kind like the OP.
      This is the kind I like. Positive positioning.
      Last edited by Brute Killer; 05-04-2018, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Charles nailed it!

Comment

This is the one I like the best for smaller trailers and it will bolt in on your trailer just fine. It is a round drop leg jack with the same hole pattern.

Buy The Ultimate Trailer Jack 2,000 lb. Lift Capacity Trailer Jack, RDJ-2K at Tractor Supply Co. Great Customer Service.

Comment

Working...
          X