Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bily Lovec View Post
    see the Pmag ?

Doh!

They were 75gr reloads Trav. We spotted him at 200yds but he didn't turn broadside until 175 where I whacked him at 1am this past Thursday...He dropped but was still flopp'n a bit so I put two more quick rounds down range with the 3rd settling him down. It was as bright a moon as we've ever seen it.

REALLY makes me want to get some night vision stuff.
    I'm fixing to order me an ITT PVS14 soon. My d300 is nice but I need a second nv setup. I want one other set, but cant decide if I want full NVG's or if I want a scope.

I'm thinking, the goggle, using lasers and it works much better for driving than a monocular. That way I have two weapon mounted monoculars, or two head gear and one rifle mounted. Too many decisions.

Comment

Got two new suppressors in on Friday - AAC SPR/M4 and a AAC 762SD. 90 days from the date the check was cashed.

Comment

Nice! I cant wait to get my 762SD.

Comment

I've settled in on the LMT MWS over the OBR and have found a smoking deal on it. Now, I just dont know what optics to put on it. I dont know if I should go with a Mark 4 3.5-10 or Mark AR 4-12, or should I go with a TR-24 3-9, It's going to be a dual optic system. I'm wanting to do a Burris strikefire like I have on my stealth 18" 5.56. But, the Aimpoint micro dot on the Larue canted mount setup like Costa has is pretty freaking awesome. Help me decide.

Only reason I'm leaning towards the Leupold is because the Trijicon does not offer target turrets. However I do this gun I will be doing the same setup on my Spikes ST25 when it lands in the next 8-12 months.
          Last edited by mesquitecountry; 07-05-2010, 03:13 PM.

Comment

have y'all found any 1in PEPR's anywhere?

Comment

I have not seen many available anywhere. They are few and far between.

Comment

Originally posted by huntmaster View Post
                have y'all found any 1in PEPR's anywhere?
                SWFA finally sent me mine.

It was on back order forever!
                Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Originally posted by Joey~AP View Post
                  SWFA finally sent me mine.

It was on back order forever!
                  me too, they had some in stock this morning.

Comment

thanks

Comment

OBR or MWS!

Well, I had all but decided on the LMT MWS, but now I have a problem. Being that I'm a Magpul Fanboy I'm now torn!!!

Everyone on ARF that arent fanboys are saying get the MWS. The Larue Fanboy power is strong though, especially when my idol says things like this.

Quick snap shop of the Larue OBR since I'm on the road with no down time, here it is. If you decide to buy a OBR you are definitely getting more than your moneys worth, the accuracy is unbelievable especially the 16 inch version. Since then I've changed my gun with a PRS stock and 3.5x15 night force which seems to be a very nice combination, only negative I need another dedicated upper for more short range work, due to the fact that once I bolt anything down and sight it in, it stay's on. The perfect combo would be a 18 inch upper with a 3.5x15 ish and a 16 inch upper with a T1 and dillo dust for just blasting everything because the gun is also quick to recover. If ammo wasn't so expensive you could run this gun in a standard carbine course because it shoots that smooth. Sorry about the mount Alfred and I are trying to find something that will work with a UBR or ACS without running a cheek riser, this was all I had that would allow me to run this during our class with this particular set up. The off set T1 mount is very fast but will depend on scope, height, and overall set up. I'm very happy so see that high standards and quality are still running strong over at Larue, for many years Team Larue has built Bomber kit for those that go into harms way. Thanks Gent's

best,
                      costa
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Costa.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	23939087

Comment

7.62, in this order:
                        Knight
                        LMT
                        Noveske
                        LeRue

DPMS

Comment

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome!

Originally posted by Bily Lovec View Post
                          7.62, in this order:
                          Knight
                          LMT
                          Noveske
                          LeRue

DPMS
                          I was there with you except Noveske, I had larue ahead, but I know you are a fanboy.

Comment

Jumping on the thread late ,but I saw some hate on here towards glocks and 10mm.
                            Glock 20 in 10mm.... = Showstopper!

Comment

busted... I cant help it

Le Rue is still to new, he doesnt have the rounds down range yet. plus too few weapons out there right now.
                              just the fact he can use Pmags will bump him past Noveske when he gets the rifles out.

Comment

Originally posted by FIRSTSHOT View Post
                                Jumping on the thread late ,but I saw some hate on here towards glocks and 10mm.
                                Glock 20 in 10mm.... = Showstopper!

welcome to the thread...

your gun sucks...

Glock:

Butt-ugly plastic shooting appliance with the ergonomics of a caulking gun. Five-pound trigger with no external safety makes it ill suited for its target market (cops who shoot a hundred rounds a year for qualification). Favored by gangbangers because the product name is short and rhymes with other short, rap-friendly words.

...and your cal sucks

10mm Auto:

Super-high pressure cartridge that beats up gun and shooter alike. Very brisk recoil in anything other than all-steel S&W boat anchors, with a shot recovery that’s measured in geological epochs for most handgun platforms. Often underloaded to wimpy levels (see “.40 S&W”), which then gives it 9mm ballistics while requiring .45ACP magazine real estate.

~

Comment

Working...
                                X