Darn Woodpeckers! Trail Camera Blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a couple Covert MP6 trail cameras. They work very well, and take a gazillion pics on a set of batteries.

Well, today I went and pulled the cards, and when I started going thru the pics, all of them on one cam were all blurry. I figured that it had just fogged up or something. When I went back out to put a clean card in it, I found this:

Is there any way to fix this? The camera is in perfect working order other than this broken glass (I was surprised to find that it was glass and not plastic).

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Covert usually has good customer support. They usually give you a brand new upgrade for a flat rate. I’ve done it twice with the cell phone cameras. Send in old one. Get brand new one for $150

Comment

Happens a lot to cams in Mexico some you can send off for repair some we bust out, and replace with plexy

Comment

Originally posted by whiplash View Post
        Covert usually has good customer support. They usually give you a brand new upgrade for a flat rate. I’ve done it twice with the cell phone cameras. Send in old one. Get brand new one for $150

I’ve already looked up the phone number, and am going to call them in the morning. I’m not after a freebie. Just want to know if this one can be fixed.

Bisch

Comment

Up

Bisch

Comment

Dang! Once fixed...how do you prevent it from happening again?

Good luck Bisch.

Byron

Comment

My friend used chicken wire around his

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                I’ve already looked up the phone number, and am going to call them in the morning. I’m not after a freebie. Just want to know if this one can be fixed.

Bisch

Save yourself some hassle and use their online support chat. I believe it’s available from any page on their website. It’s the annoying little box down to th bottom right. I’ve used it a ton and always been pleased with the quick resolution to my question.

You might want to check out Gunnyarts new shade product that also helps protect your camera from woodpeckers.

Last edited by Plain Lucky; 07-11-2018, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Plain Lucky View Post
                  Save yourself some hassle and use their online support chat. I believe it’s available from any page on their website. It’s the annoying little box down to th bottom right. I’ve used it a ton and always been pleased with the quick resolution to my question.

You might want to check out Gunnyarts new shade product that also helps protect your camera from woodpeckers.

http://www.gunnyart.com/product/t-shade/
                  Did the chat thing a little while ago. They can't help me out because they don't have parts for them anymore.

I'll have to try a home brew fix, and see what happens.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post

Bisch

Pull up there web site. It has a chat feature you can type your question in and a live person will answer. I recently wanted to find out how to I could upgrade my Covert Blackhawk. Answered my questions and gave me RA# for the return. Didn't have to call at all.

Comment

Yep between woodpecker tearing up cameras and coons tearing up your feeders and cows tearing up your pop ups it make for a not so fun hobby !!

Comment

Ouch! I have heard if you paint wood box stand pink the wood peckers will leave them alone. Maybe paint the TC pink?
                        You should be able to buy a replacement part??

Comment

They just told me “Sorry! We don’t have parts for those. Have a nice day!”.

So I came up with a plan. I used my drill press to ream out the hole nice and clean. I then ordered a tempered glass phone screen protector on amazon for $6. I have not figured out how I’m going to cut a piece to the size I need, but when I do, I am just going to glue it in with silicone.

Bisch

Comment

You might try plexiglass or see if a small flashlight lens matches the diameter of the camera hole. Not sure if placing plexiglass on top of the outer camera cover would distort pics... It might be worth a shot.

If you can't get it going I would be interested in buying a working cam as I want to experiment/tinker with a known working camera.

Comment

Does anyone know OR have you heard why they do this?? I don't get it... So many things that could be pecking on

Comment

Working...
                              X