Google is super creepy!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google is super creepy!!!

Today at work I was doing research on buying a water sausage stuffer on my work computer. Just now I opened Google on my phone to look up water sausage stuffers and the search results came up as soon as I typed w. My phone was not on wifi, I never spoke the words water sausage stuffer. How did it know? Just thankful Google doesn't know all of my thoughts....yikes!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yep...had the same thing happen before.

Comment

I had the same happen over a phone call to someone. Freaked me out the next day.

Comment

Google knows all !!!

Comment

Originally posted by coldgas View Post
          Today at work I was doing research on buying a water sausage stuffer on my work computer. Just now I opened Google on my phone to look up water sausage stuffers and the search results came up as soon as I typed w. My phone was not on wifi, I never spoke the words water sausage stuffer. How did it know? Just thankful Google doesn't know all of my thoughts....yikes!

It’s because both devices are connected to the same google ID, Apple ID or Facebook account.

Today I searched for a camo primaloft vest on my work computer, then
          Moments later checked Facebook while in the restroom, sure enough that camo vest was in a suggested post a 1/3 or the way down

Comment

Technology is amazing except when it pops up on your wife’s phone too. She knew about the heated jacket for Christmas before it got to the house

Comment

Ha I was just looking at this thread and went to the web browser. Typed in "W" and wouldya look at that! Interesting!!!!
              Attached Files

Comment

It’s a conspiracy.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinHood View Post
                  I had the same happen over a phone call to someone. Freaked me out the next day.
                  I’ve never had this happen, but my mother in law claims she has and not even a phone call, just a face to face conversation with the phone sitting next to her. Frankly it would not surprise me at all if every audible noise was captured and run through a software that looked for key phrases and then marketed to those. My Echo Dot is listening all the time already

Comment

We're doomed! Google takes over the world in the next 10 years!

I saw a special on I think 60 minutes where they are making robots that are capable of learning humans and having conversation and being a companion. It's crazy how far technology has come.

Comment

Time for us to bust out the foil hats boys

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                        It’s because both devices are connected to the same google ID, Apple ID or Facebook account.

Today I searched for a camo primaloft vest on my work computer, then
                        Moments later checked Facebook while in the restroom, sure enough that camo vest was in a suggested post a 1/3 or the way down
                        Must have YouTube. That's the only account I can think of being logged into on both phones.

Comment

This is interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by coldgas View Post
                            Must have YouTube. That's the only account I can think of being logged into on both phones.

YouTube is a google product and uses a google id

Comment

I bought some ASAT camo on my phone about a month ago and the next night it came up on my wifes laptop the next day. We have had numerous things like this happen. The two devices are not connected except by the WiFi.

Comment

Working...
                              X