Saltwater boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saltwater boats

I'm wanting to know what saltwater flats boats you tbh'ers are running. My father runs a Dargel skout and I have a Kenner pro skiff which will be sold after I graduate college. I'm wanting to see how you guys would rate your boat and what you like about it. I'm starting a savings for a new boat already and want to see what good options there are out there. As of now I'm thinking of a shoal water cat, Dargel skout or a shallow sport classic all in the 20 foot size. Thanks for all your guys info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tagged and following along..

Comment

The new 20 shoalwater cat is my favorite and will be what I buy when I get in the boat market.

Comment

Originally posted by shaft_slinger00 View Post
        The new 20 shoalwater cat is my favorite and will be what I buy when I get in the boat market.

My interest for this boat came when I saw it running out in the lower Laguna when we were fishing, it just looked like the perfect boat out on the water.

Comment

I run a JH B240 and love it. Handles chop really well and still has good shallow water performance. If I fished more around POC I would have went with the JH outlaw.

Comment

If I was shopping a boat that was going to spend most of its time shallow, shoalwater cat, shallow sport x3 then dargel. All companies had the skinny boats figured out a long time ago

Id prolly been in a 23 shoalwater cat at the end. They run shallow and wont beat your teeth out when you cross the bay

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              If I was shopping a boat that was going to spend most of its time shallow, shoalwater cat, shallow sport x3 then dargel. All companies had the skinny boats figured out a long time ago

Id prolly been in a 23 shoalwater cat at the end. They run shallow and wont beat your teeth out when you cross the bay

That x3 is a sweet boat but I can't justify that much on a boat!!

Comment

For the lower Laguna were it doesn't get that rough, shallow sport would be my choice

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
                  For the lower Laguna were it doesn't get that rough, shallow sport would be my choice

She gets pretty rough when you head towards south padre from arroyo city, this is where I saw that shoalwater running and it looked to be handling it with ease. Meanwhile our skout was not so pleasant.

Comment

Haynie cat or shoalwater cat are hands down the best boat I've fished out of. Shallow sport will beat you to death but run in inches of water, if your budget will allow you, the above mentioned is were I would start.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
                      Haynie cat or shoalwater cat are hands down the best boat I've fished out of. Shallow sport will beat you to death but run in inches of water, if your budget will allow you, the above mentioned is were I would start.

I'm glad to hear great things about the shoalwater cat, I'm really liking this boat.

Comment

I've been pretty happy with my Explorer T.V. other than I just don't use it enough. The low sides make it great for fishing, especially wading.

Comment

21' shoalwater is what I have.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
                            That x3 is a sweet boat but I can't justify that much on a boat!!

No doubt!!

Ive fished along side a fella with a 25' with a 300 on the back. Hes got something like 108k in the boat. First boat Ive seen that will run in shin deep water then haul a load 25 miles for snapper the following day and do both in comfort.

Comment

El pesacador. Ain't really a shallow boat but we get it skinny. Shallow sport, Haynie cat, and shoalwater are unbeatable in the market

Comment

Working...
                              X