Corn or no Corn? Thats the question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corn or no Corn? Thats the question.

The acorns are thick. The persimmons are everywhere. The pecans are starting to drop. The pigs aren't showing up by the feeder (actually they are but very infrequently and to no pattern like they usually have and in much lower volume). Should I just turn off my feeder for a while? I checked the property and they have rooted up the acorns. I'm gonna stick my game cam there. What would ya'll do? Thanks in advance.

I would just turn my feeder down to around 2 seconds to let the critters know its still there daily.

Comment

is the corn piling up under it? are the deer and coons eating it?

Comment

Same here Bro. I was out on the tractor fertilizing the pastures the past couple of days and the ground is disturbed under most of the oak trees I saw. Whether it is cows, deer, or hogs, the acorns will pull them away from the corn at first. I would cut down the time your feeder is running to like one second or so, just so it does not pile up nder the feeder.

Comment

Still keep throwing but turn down the feedrate

Comment

i wouldnt turn it off!!! deer will start spreading out and will eventuall come to corn

Comment

thanks peeps. i'll turn down the time frame to just a few seconds...

Comment

Turn it down to 3 or 4 seconds for the deer to still smell them and investigate for a pass by meal that way when the acorns stop falling, they still can pretty much have the same routine.

Comment

Well, I'm too slow, but Like everybody else has said just cut the time down a little.

Comment

Do deer eat persimmons and pecans?

Comment

oh they will flat walk right over corn or a food plot to get persimmons. No idea on pecans, would not let them get the pecans if we had them
                      Originally posted by dangerous dan View Post
                      Do deer eat persimmons and pecans?

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1@yahoo.com View Post
                        oh they will flat walk right over corn or a food plot to get persimmons. No idea on pecans, would not let them get the pecans if we had them
                        Yep they like pecans too!

Comment

i was out today left the property around noon. counted 7 deer at broad day light sucking down the persimmons.

Comment

Working...
                          X