No announcement yet.

What is this? Found in deer leg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of jackwagon would shoot a deer in the leg with a pistol or an air rifle (or with anything really).

I hate animal cruelty.

Comment

Glad you got it; plus, ended suffering. That had to be painful to the deer.

Comment

I bet it was. I know it was for at least a week in that pain.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
          What kind of jackwagon would shoot a deer in the leg with a pistol or an air rifle (or with anything really).

I hate animal cruelty.
          A terrible shot jackwagon

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
            A terrible shot jackwagon
            I hope that is what it was an not more careless/cruel than that. With folks shooting ponies these days with crossbow bolts...

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post

I hate animal cruelty.
              You think someone shot it in the leg intentionally?

Comment

Originally posted by Coon View Post
                You think someone shot it in the leg intentionally?
                Or were taking 'potshots' and didn't care where/if it hit.

Comment

It sure looks like a 22 LR bullet to me. If you got some calipers, put calipers on it where the lands are, that will give you a good idea of the bullets original diameter, won't be dead on, but close. Then you might weigh it with a powder charge scale. Looks like at least 80% of the bullet is there, likely 95%. The diameter of the lands, plus the weight of what you removed, you should be able to get pretty close to what type of bullet it is.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                    It sure looks like a 22 LR bullet to me. If you got some calipers, put calipers on it where the lands are, that will give you a good idea of the bullets original diameter, won't be dead on, but close. Then you might weigh it with a powder charge scale. Looks like at least 80% of the bullet is there, likely 95%. The diameter of the lands, plus the weight of what you removed, you should be able to get pretty close to what type of bullet it is.
                    Yep, its a plated (like a Remington) 22LR bullet.
                    NO air rifles shoot real bullets. they are lead slugs and that bullet has a coating on it. It's the right color for the remy's... like the 525 bulk packs.

Comment

I was going to say 22. Probably on intentional but either a recrochet or trying to scare deer off.

Comment

Working...
                      X