2018 Select Baseball Fall Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
    Tryouts again on Tuesday for SSK1 Baseball.
    SSK1 Baseball Academy’s vision is to focus on player, coach and parent development to become one of the top youth baseball programs in the area. Our mission is to develop baseball skills and character that enable players and coaches to reach their fullest potential both on and off the field. Our first-class resources for player/coach development and MLB professional staff allow coaches to coach and players to play. SSK1 Baseball Academy employs an age-appropriate combination of lessons, video analysis, strength/agility training, camps, practices, leagues and tournaments to ensure our players enjoy maximum success throughout their youth. What makes SSK1 Baseball Academy different from most competitive youth baseball teams is our commitment to development. SSK1 Baseball Academy players are expected to maintain solid standing in school, and are recognized for their academic achievements as well as their athletic achievements. Our players will participate in professionally organized MLB instructed practices that will stress fundamentals in a positive approach that lacks in youth baseball today.

Contact Info:

Scott Strickland 713-397-0866

ssk1baseball@yahoo.com — with Chrystie Farmer and 2 others.
    Great vision and I love that you guys recognize academics! I can't tell you how many kids I know that are failing subjects yet still play ball every other weekend. Drives me crazy! Good luck to you guys this fall!

Comment

Grant, I was curious what your baseball and coaching background is and where you cut your teeth with baseball and coaching the game.

This sounds like a pretty nice program.

Comment

Jax looks great in the field playing middle infield. These stretches at first are going to hurt my pocket book though.

Enjoying the new Warstic.

Anybody else got anything going on this weekend, or coming up?

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
          Grant, I was curious what your baseball and coaching background is and where you cut your teeth with baseball and coaching the game.

This sounds like a pretty nice program.
          Curious as well

Comment

Well kid is full time this Fall. He is meeting with showcase team Tuesday, pitching 1-2 innings We’d with HS Fall team, pitching coach 2 hrs on Thur for flat ground and mental, pitching 50-60 pitches with showcase tourneys on weekends. Plus weights Mon-We’d-Fri 6a-8a. He signed up for it all just don’t know how he will fit it in

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
              Curious as well
              Well it started in high school where I was selected on the varsity team as a stating pitcher my freshman year. I played 4 years in high school and made 3 years all state and 4 years all district as a Pitcher /SS then I signed at San Jac with Wayne Gram in 89-90 and was selected to come play at the round rock express for a few games before the shoulder finally had enough and never finished my college ball the next year. I then went on to coaching at the select level and have loved it ever since. My Dad umpired for 42 years at the high school and NCAA level before he gave it up. Baseball runs deep in my family and we love helping the kids as well as turning them into good young men on and off the field. My teams are under the no pass no play rule period.
              Last edited by Grant2; 08-29-2018, 09:15 PM.

Comment

I can honestly say that its not a money grab over here at SSK1 Baseball. Our dues are the cheapest around and I do not charge a coaches fee as I have a son on the team. My teams have always competed every year and have won a lot of tournaments as well. You will always have kids come and go, but I run into a lot of them at tournaments and every kids comes up and says hi every tournament that used to play for me. I guess it was more parents than kids choice to leave LOL!

Comment

I’m looking for a developmental team for a 12yo. He hasn’t turned 12 yet (Jan birthday). I call him average for his age so I don’t think he is ready for elite play. RHP, 3b, 1b, bats left. Not particularly big or fast. Just a decent ball player. Houston area preferred. Any suggestions?

Comment

I can honestly say that its not a money grab over here at SSK1 Baseball. Our dues are the cheapest around and I do not charge a coaches fee as I have a son on the team. My teams have always competed every year and have won a lot of tournaments as well. You will always have kids come and go, but I run into a lot of them at tournaments and every kids comes up and says hi every tournament that used to play for me. I guess it was more parents than kids choice to leave LOL!
                    Can't speak for all kids, but there isn't much my boys wouldn't do for their coaches. That's coming from a dad that is very involved and will do everything in my power to help them achieve their goals. Coaches have such an impact on kids and most parents get caught up in who's winning at the time and don't stop to think about how special the coaches are to the kids. Hats off to you guys. My coaching is limited to league ball here in Bellville, but like you when I see my former player around town they make a b-line to come say hello!

Comment

Originally posted by big_smith View Post
                      I’m looking for a developmental team for a 12yo. He hasn’t turned 12 yet (Jan birthday). I call him average for his age so I don’t think he is ready for elite play. RHP, 3b, 1b, bats left. Not particularly big or fast. Just a decent ball player. Houston area preferred. Any suggestions?

What side of Houston?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Im actually in Wharton-so SW I guess. Sugarland, Rosenberg??

Comment

then I signed at San Jac with Wayne Gram in 89-90 and was selected to come play at the round rock express for a few games before the shoulder finally had enough and never finished my college ball the next year.
                          We are roughly the same age. I'm a few years behind but we have a lot of people in common. Did you just miss Mike Taylor? Of course Hook was there in 89-90 before going to Blinn where I played for him.

You would have been there with Benny Bryant, Randy Brown, Hinkle, Andy, etc. Those were great teams!!

Comment

Well my son fractured his pinky the 3rd day of school on his right hand. No batting or throwing for at least 3 weeks. It is driving him absolutely crazy because he can’t do much but catch. He still attends every practice though and does what he can.

We have a follow up appointment next Wednesday so maybe he will get out of the soft cast he is in.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                              Well my son fractured his pinky the 3rd day of school on his right hand. No batting or throwing for at least 3 weeks. It is driving him absolutely crazy because he can’t do much but catch. He still attends every practice though and does what he can.

We have a follow up appointment next Wednesday so maybe he will get out of the soft cast he is in.
                              Awwww man. Good luck to Him !

Our first tournament will be 9/15 it looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                                Awwww man. Good luck to Him !

Our first tournament will be 9/15 it looks like.
                                Our first tournament is supposed to be September 15th as well. Hopefully my sone will be back to normal so he can play.

Comment

Working...
                                X