Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOLY HAMBURGER!!
    You guys are scaring me.
    I'm setting up a doctors appointment for next week!!!

Comment

I have been taking that cholesterol medicine for 20 years. Have to switch every four or five years, due to side effects. You don't want to take it if you don't have too. I finally convinced my doctor to let me take it every other day. Has helped. Mine are around 15 dollars for 90 days. Not even sure which ones im on right now. Just changed again.

As was said, fish oil with get your good cholesterol up. Also, Garlic pills can reduce your bad Cholesterol. Or just eat a lot of raw garlic, your wife will love you. Garlic kills worms too.
      Last edited by crawdaddct; 08-16-2016, 01:28 PM.

Comment

on generic Crestor

Comment

I don't have high LDL, (bad cholesterol) but have low HDL, (good cholesterol), so my Dr. wanted the ratio between the two better. He put me on Crestor, after several years of complaining of aching joints and it get worse each year, I quit the Crestor. After one week soreness started leaving me......The Dr. agrees that I needed to get off it, so he is suggesting Red Wine Extract to be taken. (I'm not much on drinking wine so lets do go there, I'm a Crown person!)...I still take 2 ea. 1000mg of fish oil and 2 ea. CoQ10 and 1 ea. full strength aspirin every day...

Comment

Originally posted by elhefe View Post
            Just hit 40 and had my physical. Cholesterol was 272! Yikes.

Doctor didn't put me on prescribed meds but rather more vitamin supplements and watch the diet
            Exactly what my Dr did plus some excersizing. I lost some weight and slowed down on consumption of fatty beef(ribeyes, brisket,etc). More venison, fish, wild pork and veggies have my blood work under control and my blood pressure down.

Comment

Mine was 244 when I came home in 2014. I take 10mg of prescription drug a day. No side effects and safe choleterol levels. I am 45.

Comment

Doc had me try Niacin first and wow did it not agree with me. Always felt like I was running a temperature, couldn't seem to drink enough water, flushed face (looked like I had a permanent sunburn), and itchy skin. After getting on a Statin I haven't had any issues like these.
                I only started to get serious about this when I hit 40 as I was nearing the age at which my mother passed away from heart disease. I'm glad I did as I would have never guessed that I had high cholesterol being 6', ~180lbs and always active. Doc ran some in-depth blood work tests and determined that my high cholesterol is genetic. I made some dietary changes as well such as cutting out sodas (loved my Dr Pepper), cutting way way back on breads, starches and sugars. One area that I'm not budging much on is beer. Doc and I don't exactly see eye to eye on that one.

Comment

Was on Crestor but I thought it made me homicidal , switched to Lipitor...but still had the same side effects.......turned out it was the people I was around causing that.

Comment

Originally posted by DRettele View Post
                    I am actually on the generic of Lipitor as well - Atorvastatin.
                    Same here, been taking it for 3yrs with no side affects & cholesterol numbers have been great!

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                      I take a fish oil tablet everyday. Last DR visit cholesterol was perfect.
                      I'm on a fish oil regiment too and have been for years. It not only helps with cholesterol but also arthritis.

If you are that close to normal then diet and exercise will go a long way.

Comment

Niacin, fish oil, no fried foods and only use coconut oil to cook with and you should be well on your way.

Comment

Mine wasn't too bad, 214, Doc wanted it down.
                          I ate oatmeal for breakfast 5 days a week, didn't change anything else.
                          Went back in 35 days and Cholesterol was down to 186.
                          Doctor was amazed.
                          May be worth a try. Worked for me and caused no side effects.

Comment

Originally posted by "DOC" View Post
                            Mine wasn't too bad, 214, Doc wanted it down.
                            I ate oatmeal for breakfast 5 days a week, didn't change anything else.
                            Went back in 35 days and Cholesterol was down to 186.
                            Doctor was amazed.
                            May be worth a try. Worked for me and caused no side effects.
                            oatmeal gives me toxic gas.

Comment

It will keep you regular............

Comment

It will keep you regular............

Comment

Working...
                                X