No announcement yet.

Is Paypal secure??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if anybody has said this, but... PayPal is pretty secure, it's the deal that sounds like a scam! Most people dealing honestly on Craig's List won't throw $7,500 your way for an item sight unseen, if it was through TBH that might be different.

I've got a separate bank account set up just for PayPal transactions, it's tied to another account just to transfer funds. If I've got a concern I wait until the funds clear then transfer them out of that account into the other. PayPal can't touch them then. I've never had a problem.

Comment

Sucks you cant do anything these days without some crook trying to screw you over. Good luck on the sale.

Comment

Run.

Comment

I got hacked for $2,000 a few years back and had to clear it up through my bank PPAL DIDNT DO MUCH TO HELP ME

Comment

Well, the overwhelming conclusion is that this is a scam, and I told the perp that I'm not going to do this deal.... Thanks to all for the advice.

Comment

Scam for sure. All the person has to do is tell Paypal the item they bought was not in the condition you claimed or not the right item. Paypal then will withdraw those funds back from your account and give back to the Scammer. Scammer gets the money back and has the product. There will be an investigation, the buyer will win like they do 9/10 times.

Comment

Just tell him you'll deliver it and he can hand over the cash. Communication will stop. Or it will turn into, he's over seas or he works offshore and wont be home for a month yada yada yada

Comment

I've used PayPal for years and never had an issue. This sounds like the person might be suspect, not the service provider.

Comment

I got burned on a paypal 1000+ deal years ago. Did a chargeback and nothing I could do and PayPal was a POS.

I will use PayPal for small amounts and people I know.

Comment

Fyi to those that think you’re good if you get the paypal money and then transfer it into your bank and it clears: if they issue a chargeback or make a claim and you lack the funds in paypal, paypal can take it from your bank account!

Comment

Working...
                      X