Nuclear Ice Kills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuclear Ice Kills?

Any of you have a kid that has killed a deer with a Diamond Nuclear Ice? My son shoots one and is solid out to 15yds but the bow maxes out at 30 or 35 lbs I believe. Is it enough to kill a deer with a good shot and a good fixed BH?

Ttt

Comment

I think the law in Texas is that it has to be at least 40 lbs to hunt deer with. Not 100% positive but check the TPWD site.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlesR View Post
        I think the law in Texas is that it has to be at least 40 lbs to hunt deer with. Not 100% positive but check the TPWD site.

Not anymore. No lower limit now

Comment

I shoot a Diamond Infinity set at 38ibs due to a bad shoulder. I use 100 Grain Magnum Slick Tricks and have had no problems killing deer when I get the opportunity to shoot one.

Comment

I shot my first deer with a 30# recurve and a zwicky. I was restricted to 10yd shots.

My wife has shots a 35# compound and doesn't have any issues as long as her shot placement is solid. She doesn't shoot over 15yds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

don't forget how draw length factors in with kids' bows

Comment

My son shot a hog this year with his. I have no doubt it would kill a deer.

Comment

Best arrow/broadhead combo for penetration I have found for his is Beman ICS Hunter Jr arrows and Magnus Stingers.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. If the perfect opportunity presents itself I think I'm going to let him give it a go.

Comment

Post #116

Comment

Hell yeah it'll work. Had a little girl shoot a doe last year on 32 pounds. After seeing him bowfishing I have no doubt he could whack a deer. Let me know and I'll get you the right broadheads headed your way.

Comment

Working...
                        X