Epic 4th of July Weekend at the Stolle Deer Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epic 4th of July Weekend at the Stolle Deer Camp

I'll let the pictures tell the story for the most part and the hunters fill in their stories.

Friday evening we took the girls on sunset golf cart cruise to release some gold fish in the troughs. Gate Princesses

This guy thought he was hiding. Drove by him twice before he got up and trotted off.

Saturday we drove to Junction for supplies and then it was pool time.

Zeke was not happy that the pool was not dog friendly.

We also got a few chores done.

New LED lights under the cabinets.

Hummingbird feeders hung.

My brother and Mr and Mrs GJ Hafernick cleared the brush out from under these trees.

We trapped a total of 4 coons that have tearing up my water trough floats.

Girls checking out the traps.

Sunday we spent the day kayaking the South Llano river with our friends from Junction. The girls had a blast and wanted to go back to the river the next day. Now the Stolle's have the kayak itch like the Middelton's [emoji51]

Monday we spent the day doing chores around camp.

Then Annie our 5 year old decided that she wanted to go Axis hunting with Mommy. So hunting they went.

Things started out slow, then they saw a squirrel, played some iPad, got bored, took a nap, then things got very exciting and Annie had to be very quiet[emoji51]

Then she asked where did all the deer go mommy[emoji4]

So after reviewing the video we decided the shot was good and that GJ and I get on the trail at 7:45pm.

We found blood 10 yards from where Jen shot him. After about 30 min of tracking drop by drop GJ spotted him on the back side of a cedar. No ground shrinkage on this bruiser.

Needless to say but we had a reason to celebrate! I'm so happy for Jen to shoot an axis of a lifetime. She told me she's going to take some time off from axis hunting and let me do more hunting.

Jen's new favorite way to use our RTIC bag cooler.

Unfortunately the big old bruiser was a fighter and he had no hair on the back of his neck. I'm going to Euro mount him until we kill a cull to get a cape.

GJ shot this old guy after we had to head home. Thought we had our cape, but he was missing hair too. Congrats GJ and thanks for all the hard work you do at the SDC.

This weekend will be hard to top.

Sounds like an awesome weekend and two studs down! Congrats and an amazing place yall have out there.

Comment

Great adventure congrats to all

Comment

Wow, that was an awesome weekend! Congrats on all of the family time, too!

Comment

Outstanding. Congrats to the hunters and the quality family time. Good stuff!

Comment

Can't beat a weekend like that! Great looking axis and even better yall are getting them with the bows!

Comment

Awesome on all accounts!

Comment

awesome trip and monster axis for your wife. Congrats to her. What did he tape out at?

Comment

EPIC was a good word to use! Very nice weekend and congrats to your wife on the Trophy! You guys have a nice place going. Love seeing your threads.

Comment

congrats!

Comment

Good times and life time of memories!

Comment

Now, that looks like an amazing weekend.

Congrats to all, especially Jen and Annie for the great hunt.

Comment

What a weekend! Congrats!

Comment

That is a Great weekend! Family time together on the ranch. Memories made to last a lifetime. Congrats to everyone! Y'all have a Beautiful ranch there!

Comment

great family weekend, and to top it off having a awesome trophy axis to take home.

Comment

Working...
                              X